Getting Scared !!!

ginau
on 4/7/08 2:40 pm - mesa, AZ
Ok  folks   I go in the morning to talk to the surgeon about the  procedure and my concerns .  tonight after a support  group  I was talking with  some people  who told me about the hospital where the procedure will be done - Ok now I am getting scared !!!  this hospital has high  % of staph infections !!  As I sitting here , I am getting scared of the procedure .. is this crazzzy  or what ?  I know every surgery has it risks !!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/08 6:44 pm - AZ
If you don't want my honest opinion.... you might not want to read further. I don't know which hospital you are talking about but you can call DHS (used to be on Morton and 16th St) and check their stats. Now for the other part, I'm not sure sure I'd be as worried about the hospital you are choosing as the doc.  Don't know what kind of revision you are getting but I'd never go to Blackstone for anything and especially RNY. Just my opinion.
Deanne K.
on 4/8/08 1:50 am - Tucson, AZ
Don't get scared.  All hospitals have Staph in them it is just so rampant that it is a concern with any kind of surgery.  Just make sure they take the proper precautions, which I know your Dr. will do.   Let me know how it goes today.
Most Active