I'm new - had VSG and need more help

Buliejurd
on 4/6/08 4:50 am - Bath, MI
I've read some of the posts and am trying to figure out my options.  My doc feels he has failed me (or at least the VSG has failed me) and wants to do an endoscope to assess my stomach capacity.  If it is larger than it should be which we  both suspect considering how much I can eat, he presented me with 3 options; RNY, another VSG to tighten it, or going down my throat to tighten it that way.  I am  really not comfortabe with the RNY (don't want to dump and don't want bowel issues).  I would prefer to have it tightened via the throat if it is safe and effective, because I would greatly appreciate avoiding another full blown VSG surgery.   Has anyone got advice for me?  I would particularly like to hear how people have done after having a VSG or RNY pouch made smaller.   Will it be worth it.....are results promising?  I started at 271 and only lost 60 lbs.  I'm currently at 211 and have at least another 40 to go.....perferably 50-60.  Jules
Ht: 5'5", HW (pre VSG) 275, RNY starting weight 259, CW 240 GW 146

Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/6/08 11:54 am - Knoxville, TN
I havent had the ROSE done yet but I will have it on the 23rd ...will keep you updated as to how it  lbs works ...I want to lose 75 lbs ....but will settle for 60 or 50
Buliejurd
on 4/6/08 10:43 pm - Bath, MI
Yes, please do keep me informed!  good luck and I hope it really helps. Jules
Ht: 5'5", HW (pre VSG) 275, RNY starting weight 259, CW 240 GW 146

Most Active