Need help and advice

moosemama
on 4/5/08 4:51 pm - Palmer, AK
Hi Everyone: I seriously need some advice and help.  I had lap band in 2005 lost 120 pounds but then it eroded into my stomach and had to be removed.  My orginal surgeon Dr.Lopez would not help me out and I had to scamble to find a doctor who would take on anothers problems.  Finally Dr. Valencia who specializes in revision surgeries took me as a patient.  After I lost my band I gained 60 pounds in 4 months.  Dr. Valencia called to check up on me and when I told him what I had done he offered me the bypass.  Waived his fee to help me get the money for yet another surgery.  I feel really blessed by the gift he gave me but I am abusing it.  I am trying to live by band rules which dosen't work with the  bypass.  I am getting all my vitimins in and trying to get my protein in but I always feel hungry and have found that I can eat anything and everything with no consequences like with the band.  I don't dump or throw up or feel tired or sick because of that I eat what I want which is not good.  I talked to Dr. Valencia and he said to concentrate on 60-80mg of protein a day, vitiamins, and water then if I wanted a small bowl of ice cream ok.  However if I am always hungry try to eat a salad or sugar free jello so I fill up. Can you guys tell me anything to help me.  I don't have medical insurance so I have no way of getting counseling or an antidepressant which have been recommended to me. Thanks in advance for all your help. Dawna
darnell239
on 4/7/08 8:16 am - Columbia, SC

Every county has a mental health agency or department.  You can usually get help there even if you do not have insurance.  They probably will charge you on a sliding fee scale.  This might help with the depression.  As far as being hungry alot I would recommend you try and find a book on weight loss surgery that provide a lot of helpful suggestion about what to eat.  You have already taken the first big step by coming to this forum.

moosemama
on 4/7/08 10:24 am - Palmer, AK
Darnell: Thank you so much for your reply. I appreciate any and all help. Dawna
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/08 2:41 pm
moosemama
on 4/8/08 3:23 pm - Palmer, AK
Thanks so much for your words of encourgment - I can't tell you how much they mean to me. I will do as you say for a week and see how it goes.
Most Active