Calling all stomaphx patients 3 or more months out!

darnell239
on 4/5/08 11:19 am - Columbia, SC
If you are 3 or more months out from your stomaphx procedure please let us at the forum know how you are doing.  I know this procedure is still new but please share your opinion and experience with the board.  We need to hear from you stomaphxer's.
Angela M.
on 4/5/08 12:28 pm - Vicksburg , MS
Revision on 06/24/10 with
Thanks for this post.  I want to hear from them too. I was told yesterday by my surgeon that he wants to perform that procedure on me.  I did a little research last night and some article said that most people only lose about 30lbs with this procedure.  That scares me, because, I still need to lose 60 lbs.  I just would like to know how does sticking to the eating plan and working out factors into the success rate.  I am not getting my stoma "fixed", I am just getting my pouch trimmed and tightened.

317/287/170

donnabug57
on 4/10/08 10:25 am - Port St. Lucie, FL
A friend of  mine had it in Florida and said the only thing it did was get her off the roller coaster of the carbs, she can eat as much as before and paid 10,000.00 out of pocket. She is quite upset over the procedure and that it did not work.  She had the procedure in March by Dr. Overcash.  I had a total revision and it is working great.
darnell239
on 4/10/08 11:35 am - Columbia, SC
Donna, Thanks for providing this info.  People really need to know this stuff.  I would be really upset if I paid $10,000 and had little or no results.  What kind of revision did you have?  How long ago was your revision?
Houser1012
on 8/24/09 9:19 pm - Woodbridge, VA
Revision on 04/29/08 with
I paid over 2,000 dollars out of pocket for the stomaphx procedure, my doctor did not want to perform the gastric by revision.  I loss 20 lbs, initially and now gained back the 20 plus 20.  My doctors office states that a second revision is not authorized by my insurance unless something is wrong with my pouch.  I intend to go thru the tests to determine if there is.   Let's face it, there has to be, otherwise, I would still be losing weight.

I am very upset about all of this.
Most Active