Have you had your band replaced with another band?

Debbie R.
on 4/6/08 7:03 am - Las Cruces, NM
 I had a barium swallow on Monday to find out why after 8 months and 13cc in my 10cc VG Band and I still don't have restriction. Today I had my follow up with my new doctor and he said..... the band is not even around my stomach!!! He showed me the pictures and you can clearly see the barium in the esophogus and stomach and the band just sitting off to the side. Can you F***ing believe this!!!  I don't know whether to laugh, cry or break something. For so long I have been depressed thinking i was doing something wrong. I have failed at almost everything I have done in my life and I just figured this was one more thing I messed up. My doctor is going to submitt the request to my insurance for an emergency revision and hopefully I can get a new band in 2 weeks. He told me he was going to remove everything, including the port and tubing and give me all brand new stuff, He said he will give me the new AP Band. Has anyone had their band replaced with another band? How was the recovery compared to the first time?

AngelKay34
on 4/6/08 7:55 am
Hi Debbie, Oh My Gosh! Your problem sounds like mine I was banded on 09-07-07 and I have only lost like on a good day of weighing myself 30lbs if that and I'm frustrated and very depressed that I'm doing something wrong I havent had the barium swallow yet but I had a last fill (number 4) in December of 07' and started experiencing alot of problems vomiting, food feeling like it was stuck, constant pain in the port area (right side of my stomach) and NO SIGNIFICANT WEIGHT LOSS!!!!! So I didnt feel like haveing another fill I was just going to give it some time maybe I was eating too fast!!! Well it's now April and I called the dr's office to make a appt so I'm going to talk to him but with me I had the surgery at the Barixs Clinic in Holland, MI and they do the actual surgery in Ypsilanti, MI which is a 2 1/2 hr drive and come to find out that is where they also do the Barium Swallow!!! That is another reason why I have put that off and I was considering if I possibly need a revision? But I will not know until I have that Barium Swallow I have a dr appt. on 4-17-08 so I will discuss it with him them!!! What kind of problems were you haveing to lead you to believe there was something wrong?  I have never talked on this forum before I have only asked a question under the people tab? So I hope you get this and can reply to me? Thank You Angel Ingalls           [email protected]
darnell239
on 4/6/08 8:35 am - Columbia, SC
Debbie, I'm so sorry you are going through this.  I would be furious if I was you.  If I was you I would even seek out legal advice.  I know you mentioned having the new lapband but have you considered just getting the gastric bypass?  I wish you luck with this situation.
Debbie R.
on 4/6/08 8:56 am - Las Cruces, NM
Thanks After alot of research I decided the lap band was right for me, i still do. This band never did what it was supposed to, i want a new band to give it a chance. Everyone has their own preferences as to their choice of surgery that is best for them. Bypass is not the surgery for me. I want to give the lap band a chance.
Titanium Blonde
on 4/7/08 7:01 am
I was just wondering, did you have your origional band done in Mexico?  My doctor told me a few horror stories about patients who went to Mexico and had to see him for an emergency fix because bands were placed upside down and in the wrong place.  Good luck to you.  I have had great success with my band.
Debbie R.
on 4/7/08 7:16 am - Las Cruces, NM
No, My band was done in Lubbock Texas
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/08 6:56 pm - AZ
Why is it if something bad happens it's questioned if Mexican docs had anything to do with it? There are good docs and bad docs in every single country.  The US is full of them, just as any other place.
Most Active