Looking for Information on Tricare Revisions Approvals

dolpinette
on 4/5/08 5:34 am, edited 4/5/08 5:38 am - Vandenberg AFB, CA

I am 3 years post op TODAY....I had a lap RNY highest 407, but starved myself 2months prior to my surgery and was able to get down to 371 the day of my surgery......I got down to 260 and was okay with it, I hadn't lost or gain anything for over a year, so I went to (2) plastic surgeons to discuss getting the tummy tuck.....BOTH have said I am STILL to heavy, I need to lose MORE, okay now I am two years out and still I haven't been able to lose but haven't gained either, I didn't sign up for THIS, I feel better but I was told it was going to be no problem to get the skin removed after I stop losing....WRONG.....so now I am three years post op and in the past six months I haven't been able to keep much down, and I have gained 24 pounds I don't understand, I didn't make my weight loss goal but I was okay with it until NOW gaining is NOT acceptable to me....I have since some others talk about getting REVISIONS...from RNY to DS, this is the surgery I wanted in the first place but changed my mind when I found out my husband was deploying and I was gonna be doing this alone because my dr said he would do the RNY Lap but the DS would have to be a open surgery....SO any information on revision requests thru TRICARE would be greatly appreciated!!!!  I am not going to be able to see my original surgeon, Dr.Kaufman @ USC but a fellow surgeon of his Dr. Peter Crookes @ USC...so HELP anyone

kmbear
on 4/5/08 11:55 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
I had VBG September 2003, we have Tricare, I am looking at getting revised to RNY. I don't know for sure if they will approve. I haven't seen a surgeon yet, but I am very curious about what they will do and I want to wish you luck and encouragement. Karen

Dee J.
on 4/6/08 11:43 pm
Hi,  I had the bad in '03 and was doing great with it, until 07 and I started having problems, with band slippage and bblockage issues. My husband is Active Duty Navy and we have tricare prime. Iwanted to get the revision to DS from RNY and tricare does not approve the DS, they will only pay for the band or the RNY. I had my revision on 2-27-08. If there are any questions just pm me and I will be glad to answer any that you both may have. Good Luck Dee

fwhs86
on 4/7/08 12:53 am - athens, GA
i had a revision on April 4,2008 Hoping to do well.
dolpinette
on 4/7/08 12:10 pm - Vandenberg AFB, CA

you had your revision from RNY to a DS????  Do you have Tricare??? And I hope your doing WELL....

S Andrews
on 4/8/08 2:51 am - eatonville, WA
I spoke with a surgeon about a revision. I have tri-care prime. they will do a revison but it will be what they want to do- not necessarily what you want to have done. I haven't figured out if I'm comfortable with that or not so am still trying to work thru it. But in answer to your question- Yes, tri-care does revisions. If you would like to email me I will fill you in on more details. Good luck! Sharon
Most Active