Finally admitting to myself

Jennifer S.
on 4/4/08 7:12 am - Scranton, PA
I had a doctors appt today, and I finally admitted to him, after having felt terrible about myself for some time, that there is something wrong. I am down 80 pounds. But, I was down 120. I told my doc that I wasn't sure what to do, as I did not want to go back to the surgeron who did my surgery... I asked him if there was any tests he could do. Well, turns out I need an EGD  to check for bleeding and ulcers and what have you since I am iron deficient. So I guess this can check my pouch too to see if its ok?? My doc wasn't pretty sure what to do, so I am assuming this is a good first step.  Any ideas on what else I can do? I am a little over 2 years post op RNY, and trying to get back to basics as far as protein drinks and such, but I still feel like I can eat wayyyy more than I should. Any input would be appreciated. My email is [email protected] thanks everyone for reading! Jennifer
Monique H.
on 4/4/08 9:31 am
Make sure they check the size of your pouch and your stoma. I'm not sure of what else to check since I'm just starting this procedure myself. Hopefully others who are ahead of us in the process will reply soon. Good luck.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Deanne K.
on 4/4/08 10:05 am - Tucson, AZ
Find a GI Dr. who knows about bypass patients.  Some GI Dr.'s don't want to see bypass patients and you don't want someone who doesn't know what they are looking for.  Ask around your area for referrals and opinions from other bypass patients in your area, that is what I did.
MaryTeresa
on 4/5/08 6:01 pm - Loveland, OH
I am having an EGD on 04/07/08 to get exact diamiters however I was told from UGI that I have extremely dialated stoma and small pouch so I am being concidered for Lap over RNY with Stoma fill. Hope you are ok. I am anemic too so I can not get any malobsorbtion techniques done.
Most Active