Anyone from Texas wanting band over rny?

Nicole S.
on 4/3/08 7:12 am - Fort Worth, TX

Hi,

I am looking for a friend to help guide me through my options after rny. I had RNY July 2005 lost 100 lbs. I have slowly regained 40 back. I never reached my goal nor got close. Any guidance is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Nicole

God doesn't give you the people you want, He gives you the people you NEED. To help you, to hurt you, to leave you and to make you into the person you were meant to be...

MaryTeresa
on 4/3/08 1:13 pm - Loveland, OH
I am not from Texas but I am having a Lap over RNY plus Stoma fill. I was @ 455 lost to 235 then gained back to 357 due to pregnancies high risk. My Stoma is dialated severely and needs repaired I would be happy to answer any questions you have. Just PM me . Good luck and remember you are not alone. MaryTeresa
ced
on 4/4/08 12:53 am - Iowa, LA
Hey Nicole,   I am currently a patient of Dr. Hahn in Groves. I am hoping to have a lapband placed around my bypass from five years ago. I also have regained about 40 pounds. Just waiting on insurance. You would really like him. Good Luck. Ced
barbarabrewer
on 4/4/08 3:49 am - TX
Hi Nicole, I am Barbara and I live in Waxahachie Texas and I had RNY May 2003 and originally lost 134 pounds and the last two years I have put back on 80 pounds....I have had some family and financial issues the last couple of years and I quit the life style changes that I had made and went back to using food as comfort. I went to Dr Nicholson's seminar last Tuesday and I have an appointment with him for a revision consult next Thursday.  I have been told by his siminar coordinator that he can put a lap band around my stretched pouch.  I don't have a stricture or fistula just a stretched pouch. I will be glad to talk with you as you take your steps for revision.  We Texas girls can stick together. Stay in touch, Barbara Brewer
lizzythompson
on 4/6/08 1:44 pm - Denton, TX
Nicole,  I live in Corinth and am having my revision with Dr. Barker. My Final consult and scheduling is tuesday.  I had my RnY  Jan 2000 at medical city with Dr Barzune.  Started out at 350 lbs, lost to 175, then got pregnant with my daughter and have gained back up to 260. My revision will be done Lap, he is going to tighten my stoma and pouch and remove some more of the other part of my stomach. He said that removing part of the other stomach might bring back that honeymoon phase that we all experienced after our original surgery. I hope he is right.  I have UHC choice plus and was relatively easy to get my revision approved. all they wanted was 5 years of documented weight over 40 bmi.

Daisys Owner
on 4/9/08 8:38 am - USA, PA
Hi Nicole. I am in the same boat as you.I had my surgery in Sept of 05.I started at 367 and am now 266.I am nowhere near my goal either and never got close.I am researching to get a revision.My lowest weight was 242 and as you can see have gained 24lbs back.Not happy at all about that! I am looking to do the new revision surgery called the stomaphyx.Problem is no surgeron in my state is doing it.I might have to travel.Good luck to you Nicole :)

Michelle

S362/C285/G160

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels which I hope to know how thin feels someday very soon

Most Active