Anyone filed insurance for stomaphyx and been approved?

mollybearsmom
on 4/3/08 6:28 am - Dahlonega, GA
I was denied by BC/BS after my first letter back in February. Immediately sent an appeal along with info on the FDA approval of Stomaphyx. They have 30 days to decide but today is day 30 and it is still in review. Customer service said they just got new info yesterday from my surgeon and it will take a few more days to review. Is the fact that they are taking this long a good sign?
beckydoering
on 4/28/08 5:58 am - Great Mills, MD

Have you heard a final answer from BC/BS?  I also have them and are in the beginning research stages of Stomaphyx.  Hope you get good news soon.

mollybearsmom
on 4/28/08 6:42 am - Dahlonega, GA
They denied me a couple weeks after the first inital request so I filed an appeal and was told they had 30 days to make a decision on the appeal. Well as luck would have it, on the 29th day my surgeon sent them some new information to support my case and they said since they just received new information they have another 30 days to review this new information. As of this past friday it was still in review. They should have a decision by May 2nd (this friday) to meet the 30 day deadline...we'll see! I am hoping that since it has been in review for so long they will approve it, because if they just held on to it for 2 months only to deny it again I will be livid! I wish you much luck in your journey!!! Susan
Most Active