VBG revision to DS

nurse4018
on 4/3/08 11:22 am - Sylacauga, AL
I need some help finding a surgeon that performs lap revisions.  Particularly, VBG to DS.   I am 11 years post op from VBG.  I really have been disappointed with my results.  Everyone tells me to eat protein first.  My problem is that meats will not "go down" and I will eventually throw it up. I know that protein consumption is important in weight loss, and understand that DS patients have no trouble consuming protein.  Please help me find a surgeon that will perform this surgery!! Thanks
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/08 9:25 pm - TX

Post this on the DS board.  I know there are quite a few VBG to DS.  BettyBoop comes to mind, who just had her revision with Dr. Buchwald in MN.

Also, Vicki has a lot of info on revision surgeons:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/750051/

Jory S.
on 4/5/08 11:11 am - OK
On April 3, 2008 at 6:22 PM Pacific Time, nurse4018 wrote:
I need some help finding a surgeon that performs lap revisions.  Particularly, VBG to DS.   I am 11 years post op from VBG.  I really have been disappointed with my results.  Everyone tells me to eat protein first.  My problem is that meats will not "go down" and I will eventually throw it up. I know that protein consumption is important in weight loss, and understand that DS patients have no trouble consuming protein.  Please help me find a surgeon that will perform this surgery!! Thanks
I am also doing a VBG to DS revision this summer.  I haven't decided on a date yet, but I am doing it in Mexico.  You can pm me if you would like.  :) Good luck.
Most Active