ginau

Strawberry2
on 4/3/08 10:25 am
Hust wanted to see if you got any info from the insurance - also what exactly did you submit to them? Jo
ginau
on 4/3/08 12:20 pm - mesa, AZ
Delighted Pink here  I received my Approval letter on Sat !!!  I am scared, nervous and excited !!   Our very own Dr Schlesinger  who posts here is my Dr of choice !!  Dr Schlesinger  wrote the letter and sent it off - I got tired of bugging his office staff - So I started calling - got through to the underwriter and talked directly to her.   less than 8 hrs later she called and told me of the approval and I would receive written authorization.  So now I have to get a a shrinkie dink to give me a psych eval, a chest exray and  a ekg - Not  too too bad .  Aetna  has a manual online that you can look up the criteria .  in short  it was " your broken " meaning mechanical failure - pouch, stoma, staple line etc...   or  2 yrs out and lost less than 50% or your excess weight  I fit right between  the criteria ..  If you have access to your companies Insurance online - go and check it out.  Or call - customer service will  talk to you -  Just ask
Deanne K.
on 4/3/08 1:48 pm - Tucson, AZ
I am still so happy that you got approved for you revision.  I still don't know anything yet.  The wait is killing me.  I don't know what I will do if they don't find anything.  Dr. S.  didn't answer my question, so I don't know where to go from here.   I may just have to make an appt. to see him.  I haven't heard back from Dr. B either.  I don't think she really wants to help me.  It sure doesn't sound like it to me.   I will let you know what I find out.
ginau
on 4/3/08 2:30 pm - mesa, AZ
Deanne hang in there, Did you discuss the Pain factor ?  I am seeing Dr Schlesinger next week  I have a couple questions to ask him .  Biggest concern is if or when my cancer comes back . and being able to take drugs ,  I do have a couple freinds who are a little freaked out
Deanne K.
on 4/4/08 1:47 am - Tucson, AZ
I did discuss the pain somewhat with the GI Dr.  It has just gotten worse the last couple of weeks.  It really sometimes depends on the time of day, etc.   I haven't heard anything from the GI Dr. regarding the CAT scan yet.  I was hoping that I would hear soon.  They said 3-5 days and today with working days will be 5.  Didn't know you had cancer, I hope it never comes back.  Randy gave me a prescription for a cream call K.I.C.K. for the inflamation in my knee.  I don't know yet if its working or not.  I still have alot of pain in my knee.  I know I had a friend that freaked out on me on Sunday as I wasn't answering my phone or door.  I wasn't able to go 2 feet from the bathroom.  I think it was side effects of the CAT scan.   She is also the one *****ally didn't want me to have surgery and also didn't realize that I have a problem wiht the surgery as I didn't really tell her much about the problems. 
ginau
on 4/4/08 9:44 am - mesa, AZ
Well you scared the crap out of her, You know better..... she is the friend you have to tell everything too. Because if you dont she will call the cops  and have them break down yoru door !!!!- lol  Yes - I had a total hysterectomy  1 yr before  with 5 weeks of radiation therapy, Thas was a big reason I did the surgery ... I never want it to come back .  I am worried about adhesions and if he gets in there - will he be able to clean em up , also a couple of the girls said the pain from the intestines moving around is a little intense at times , MY best friend is a nurse and frekaed out cause there is not  long term data on bypass pts and the medication issue  they can encounter.  Yes if  Dr Schlesinger reads the posts -   he will be up  and quick to respond Tuesday when I see him !
Deanne K.
on 4/4/08 9:58 am - Tucson, AZ
It wasn't me that scared her half to death.  It was the homeless guys not getting an answer to the phone or the door when they came by to do yard work.  I just sometimes don't want to deal with them.  I had told them after church and they were knocking and calling really early, so I was ignoring them and the phone.  They promptly went back to the church and told my friend and she came and knocked on my bedroom window.  You would have thought they would take the hint.  She knew I wasn't feeling good on Saturday afternoon when I got out of the meeting.  Dr. S is usually really good about posting responses, but I don't know if he really could do to much than to say to call and make an appointment.  I am just too anxious to know what is going on, it's probably nothing serious or they would have called me by now, I would think. .  I probably should have called them today, but it is too late to do that.  I will call their results line, I know nothing was on it yesterday.  
ginau
on 4/4/08 1:05 pm - mesa, AZ

think you have them stumped ?  I am sure someone is going to give you an answer soon, 

Hey  did you hear Dr B is scheduleing out till august ? whats up with that ?   Iam going to Mondays Support group - for the hell of it .

Deanne K.
on 4/4/08 1:37 pm - Tucson, AZ

Not very likely that she would be able to help me very quickly.  I see that they are booking so far out that I don't think she will be likely to be able to help me.  I guess she keeps doing more than her practice can really handle.  Months to see Melissa too.  So you are going to support group even though they did what they did?  Let me know how that goes.  Which one do you go to?  You might want to PM me.  I would be intersted in seeing what happens.  Let me know how it goes with Dr. Schlesinger too.    I am going to miss the group tomorrow that I usually go to.  I missed last month too.  I do miss going. I am having trouble getting my PCP to support me going to Dr. Schlesinger.  I need to find out if they take United.  He's not on their list of providers, so have to find that out.

ginau
on 4/4/08 4:06 pm - mesa, AZ
I paid a huge program fee - It seems that was for life long support. Since the  support  group is held and supported by the hospital - I go ...  I really should write that letter and send it .
Most Active