NEED REVISION CONFUSED

lisacooper
on 4/1/08 10:53 am - new york, NY

I HAD THE LAP BAND DONE 2 1/2 YEARS AGO AND I ONLY LOST LIKE 50 PDS HAD A LOT OF PROBLEMS WITH THE BAND BURPING, HOSPITALIZES 2X MOST OF THE TIME I SPENDING LETTING FLUID OUT AND PUTTING IT BACK IN BUT ONCE IT GET CLOSE TO THE POINT OF RESTRICTION SOMETHING ALWAYS GO WRONG THE BURPING THE HEART BURN THE HICKUPS OR A TIGHT FEELIN IN MY CHEST. NO I JOIN THE GYM AND MY WEIGHT IS STILL GAIN WHAT I'M I DOING WRONG.

Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/1/08 12:29 pm - Knoxville, TN
I dont think anything but i really dont know much about the lapband ....have you talked with your surgeon...I heard he was a great surgeon maybe something wro;ng with the band itself.
Hondurian Queen
on 4/2/08 5:37 am - BOSTON, MA
GIRL I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE GOING THRU AND THAT IS WHY I AM GETTING THE BAND OUT AND THE RNY DONE I STAYED FILLED AND UNFILLED FOR CLOSE TO 9 MONTHS AND ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH I HAVEN TO TAKE IT OUT BEFORE IT REALLY SLIPS  GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY WRITE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS

Terri C.
on 4/3/08 11:42 am - Slidell, LA
My lapband wwas done in AUg 2005, on April 1st, 2008 it was removed and i did bypass (BTW bypass was easier than the band for me) My problems were similiar to you , fill unfill( my profile does have more info on it, but still working on it) finally after almost a year they found that it was slipped. I am assuming that it can be slightly slipped which is hard to see, which is where mine was until the 2nd UGI and they seen it. This second one was done because i was crying and like something is wrong..... it was a horrible experience for me. Well i lost about 70 lbs but gained most of it back with the slipped band, i could eat, then puke but continued to gain weight. I felt like such a failure! I know now it was not my fault, except for maybe puking too much helping the slippage. Demand a UGI and see what it wrong. This sounds like a slipped band to me.... Hope everything works out ok for you!!!
(deactivated member)
on 4/3/08 9:26 pm - TX
I would check out the DS if I were you.  After one failed WLS, I didn't want to chance another one that could fail.  Your surgeon is a DS surgeon, too, so you're already in luck.
lisacooper
on 4/4/08 1:25 pm - new york, NY
What do u mean by DS surgeon .
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/08 1:34 am - TX

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/

http://www.duodenalswitch.com/surgeons/surgeons.html

Duodenal switch surgeons.  The only reliable list of DS surgeons is found at duodenalswitch.com

No bait and don't switch surgeons there.  All fully vetted by the site owner.

Flor_Bellas
on 4/6/08 4:19 pm - Miami, FL
I agree with Starry1st, take a look at your options before deciding.  I had the band 2 1/2 years ago as well, only I went to Mexico cause it was cheaper.  From all the research I've done, DS is the best one for revision.  I don't want to have a second failed weight loss surgery.  I don't have a date yet, but I'm hoping that will change very soon.  Check out the DS forum, they are very friendly and very informative.  It's hard to convince me of anything because I had my heart set on getting RNY for a revision...but, after all the research, DS is the one for me!  You can read my profile, it tells the whole story.  Good luck.

Maria a.k.a. Tinker Bell's mentorTinker Bell
HW ~ SW ~ CW ~ GW
301.5 ~ 290~ 172~ 130
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active