MAD AS HELL

lisacooper
on 4/1/08 10:41 am - new york, NY
OK HERE IT GOES I JOIN THE GYM BUT INSTEAD OF LOSING I'M GAINING WHAT I'M I DOING WRONG I WENT FROM 226 TO 234 HELP CAN'T TAKE IT JUST FEEL LIKE GIVING UP ON THE WHOLE THING HAD THE LAP BAND IN 8/17/05 AND CAN'T GET OUT OF THE 200 ZONE I DON'T THINK IT WAS WORTH THE SUGERY.
Hondurian Queen
on 4/1/08 10:50 am - BOSTON, MA
hang in there lisa things will get better

Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/1/08 12:04 pm - Knoxville, TN
Dont measure by the scales. ....if you are excercising then you are probably gaining muscles but I bet your clothes are gettin looser on you .... a friend of mine said to look at it this way. You have to slabs of Beef ...one is a Rump Roast and one is a chuck roast ...both weigh the same ...however the Chuck roast looks alot larger than the rump roast. that is because there is more fat in the chuck roast ....hope this makes sence to you .... Cheryl
Amy Farrah Fowler
on 4/1/08 7:17 pm
Muscle is much heavier than fat, so try not to rely solely on what the scale says. You are probably firming up and getting leaner. Also, muscle burns more calories, even while your body is idle, so good muscle mass helps you burn around the clock. Good for you for joining the gym and making the effort. I know it will catch up and pay off in weight loss for you. Good luck! Deanne
PekinSal
on 4/2/08 7:38 am - UK
Hi Lisa I had my band put in 3 months before you, and lost even less than you have, despite waiting for over a year to get restriction. When I got restriction I also got reflux, and eventually decided to give up on it - it wasnt helping my diabetes, and I can't 'work with it' forever. I've had it removed and I'm having DS in two days time - can't wait!  Do what you think is best - if you've tried following the rules, done the diet, done the exercise and still keep the weight on you might need malabsorbtion as well as restriction to get down to your goal weight. Sally

DS revision from failed lapband

moosemama
on 4/5/08 4:33 pm - Palmer, AK
Hi: I had the lap band 11/09/05 and lost weight initially but then it came to the point that I could only eat either really crispy (ie: fried) foods or mushy.  I had a revision to bypass two months ago but it is hard for me to go by bypass rules instead of lap band.  My surgeon Dr. Valencia told me that I should not compare myself to others and that as long as I was not eating more then 1400 calories a day and getting my vitimins, 60-80mg of protein, my water, and 8 glasses of water to not worry too much if I want something sweet or salty.  He is full of wisdom but it is always easier for those who don't struggle with a weight problem to give advice.  Hang in there and see about getting an upper GI to see if you have the right restriction.  If you food goes through the band too fast you may need an adjustment. Dawna
curtwild
on 4/6/08 5:47 am - MN
Lisa that is the exact reason i have asked for a revision. I started at 264 back in 06, have gotton to 201 and played around 230. I HATE my band, i get fills almost every 4 weeks and it never seems right. I prolapsed 2 months a go from a to aggesive fill.
Stay in the Solution
       - Namaste
snicklefritz
on 4/10/08 8:59 am - Cincinnati, OH
Check inches. I bet you're smaller. When I did not lose much I found out I was losing waist sizes.

Most Active