Rose = Stomaphyx?

linda249
on 4/6/08 6:32 am - xenia, IL
does anyone know the procedure for getting the stomaphyx? Did you have to write down everything you ate for a certain period of time in order for them to know if you are just over eating or just eating the wrong things like slider foods, any info would be great.
Arizonadck
on 5/2/08 12:27 pm - Chicago, IL
I don't know much about the Stomaphyx.  I had an EGD which showed my pouch had not stretched at all but my stoma had (don't know the numbe r- they said it was 3x larger than the bypass measurement).  I was told I was a good candidate for the ROSE (the tool crimps the pouch and/or stoma w/calibrated stitches.  An hour into the procedure they had to stop because the tool wouldn't pass my pouch to get to the stoma - which was confusing since the EGD showed it would.  So now I'm trying to figure out what to do next.  I'm going to my bypass dr next week to discuss an open revision.  I would prefer non-surgical but can't find anyone who had it (like the Stomaphyx) to see if it works.  Do you know anyone?
babybee6
on 5/2/08 12:59 pm - Cincinnati, OH
I am in the same boat as you. I made it to the OR ( April 4) and they scoped me  before they gave me the general anesthesia.  My pouch was too small for the tool, also.  I don't know what to do now. I am thinking more and more about the DS but that involves going to a surgeon a couple of hours away. Brenda
Arizonadck
on 5/3/08 12:52 am - Chicago, IL

I see you're from Cincinnati.  That's where I had to travel to to get the ROSE done - March 7th.  I had had my EGD in December and everything was fine.  Then while under for an hour they started the ROSE and had to pull out - said perhaps my pouch shrunk.  My response was how (since it was fine in December).  I think it was just mismeasured.  What is the DS?  I'm seeing my bypass doctor Wed and discuss a revision w/him - but it would be an open procedure and I don't relish that!  Did you have the bypass or lap?  It's such a dilemma!

Most Active