Rose = Stomaphyx?

Diane U.
on 3/31/08 7:55 am - Warren, MI
Hi.  I was just wondering is the ROSE procedure and the Stomaphyx procedure the same thing?  I just had an EGD and my stoma is at 22!!!!  Thanks, Diane
No matter what a person's past may have been, their future is spotless.  Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!!   
MaryTeresa
on 3/31/08 1:51 pm - Loveland, OH
They are similar but not the same. They are both done endoscopically. Rose is newer and many insurences dont yet cover it. My insurence wont cover stomaphyx but it will lap over rny and botox fill of stoma for a revision. Check with your insurence.
JROLFSON
on 4/2/08 12:40 am - St. George, UT
Hi I have a question, what is botox fill of stoma? I've never heard of this. Thank you. JRolfson
MaryTeresa
on 4/2/08 1:49 am - Loveland, OH
It is new they have both Botox and Cologen fill  Clinical studies going on in april @ my Dr  his name is Dr Schumacher who is in Kettering Med Center in Miamisburg Ohio. The Fills are put on out side of Stoma to make it constrict back to a smaller size from ehat I understand . I can give you my Dr # if you want it.  
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/31/08 9:37 pm - Knoxville, TN
I beleive the Stomaphyx is to make just the stoma smaller.....the ROSE goes in and makes the Stoma and the pouch both smaller Cheryl
happy girl
on 3/31/08 11:06 pm, edited 3/31/08 11:06 pm
From what I have read you are correct, EXCEPT if you speak with the Dr that I talked to, he told me Stomaphyx would make my stoma AND pouch smaller yeah, I don't think so.

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

christineneale
on 4/2/08 6:26 am - tampa, FL
My Dr says the stomaphyx does both, makes the pouch smaller and makes the stoma smaller Im having it done next wed. I will be sure to tell you if it does both! 
Cheryl Gebbie
on 4/2/08 9:42 pm - Knoxville, TN
I dont know just what i have read ....I will ask my Surgeon office and see what they say..I really did think that Stomaphyx was just for the Stoma ... Cheryl
Arizonadck
on 5/2/08 12:22 pm - Chicago, IL
Did you have the Stomaphyx?  Can you give any details?  How are you doing?  Did your insurance cover?  If not, what is the cost?  I was going to have the ROSE but an hour into it they had to stop because the tool couldn't pass thru my pouch to get to the stoma (my problem is the stoma expanded).  I'm desperate to stop my weight gain.
nan c
on 4/4/08 3:17 pm - Brooklyn, NY

Hi Diane,

Stomaphyx is one procedure, EROS or ROSE is another and RestorE is yet one more. The procedures are basically the same. I believe the reason they all have different names is because the surgical equipment manufacturer names it. Each of the procedures (listed above) uses surgical equipment from a different company. Hope this helps.

Nan C

Most Active