Waiting Stinks!

Sarah76010
on 3/30/08 10:55 am, edited 3/30/08 10:55 am - Mansfield, TX

I just had to vent - waiting stinks! My Dr.'s office submitted my request for a revision on 3/20 - told me it would take a week or two, adn they were 85% successful getting approval for out-of-network procedures. (Dr. Wade Barker isn't in my network, but he's the best in my area for revisions). My gripe is that for me (and I'm sure, for many of you), the feeling of waiting for an approval is the feeling that I'm waiting for them to approve ME, not the procedure. It's a feeling that if they reject the procedure, they reject ME, that I'm not adequate somehow. We all know how many emotions are wrapped up in this process of surgery and revisions - and they all are boiling to the top for me right now. I guess what I'm asking for is a prayer, a happy thought, and virtual hugs... 

StephanieNM
on 3/30/08 11:07 am

I feel your pain!  It took me years to find a physcian to even agree to perform teh revison and then I was told taht this would probably not be approved.... my first appointment was 02/05/08 and for the first time I had hope, then a few weeks went by and the staff at the Dr's office called and said, they really didn't think this was going to fly and made me feel as though i was not worth the extra effort this may take to get approved.  through my own diligence and persistence I got them all the inforamtion they needed took all the tests and met all the criteria, on 03/10 they submitted everything to the insurance, and of course out of network approvals are not easily approved, by the morning of 03/12 it was APPROVED, I cried this means so much to me, don't give up everything happens at the right time  ask me it took 5 years to get this approval! Best of luck and happy thoughts from NM

Sarah76010
on 3/30/08 12:37 pm - Mansfield, TX
Thanks so much and congratulations to you! I'm hanging in there. When is your surgery scheduled?
StephanieNM
on 4/11/08 8:30 am

My surgery was 04/08/08. I was released from the hospital yesterday.   I feel awful!  what wwe do for health and beauty!

krm223
on 3/30/08 11:44 am - TX
I totally know what you are feeling and going through!  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!!!  HUGS
Kristy mommy to 2 pekingese furbabies! 

Sarah76010
on 3/30/08 12:37 pm - Mansfield, TX
Thanks so much!
gurlygurl
on 4/2/08 12:31 am

Have you heard anything from your insurance company yet?  I am sending a prayer for you and a big hug

Sarah76010
on 4/7/08 8:34 pm - Mansfield, TX
Still Waiting! I'll keep you posted. I'm going to try to call the Ins. company and Dr.'s Office today.
lizzythompson
on 4/6/08 1:55 pm - Denton, TX
Dr Barker is doing my revision too!!! UHC waited untill the last minute to ask for 5 years worth of weight history, but I got it in the very day they asked for it and I was approved 4 days later. I Hate waiting also, that is why I called and asked about it every day untill I got the approval. They will get tired of your calls and they will move their behinds.
Sarah76010
on 4/7/08 8:35 pm - Mansfield, TX
I'm going to call the Ins. company and the Dr.'s office today. Congrats to you! Have you set your surgery date yet?
Most Active