Stoma size at 6 years post RNY

FIREMANTRB
on 3/30/08 6:23 am - OH
I was wonderfuing the typical or expected size of the stoma after 6 yars post RNY?  Mine was precisely measured at 1.76cm and my pouch was measured at 3cm by 5cm about 2 months ago?  Does this sound about average for my time frame?  I initially lost 255 pounds, but have gained back  around 95-100 pounds and am lookign at a possible revision, but dont know where to turn.  I have been really trying to be compliant, but I am constantly hungry and suffer from late dumping syndrome.  Does anyone know the options for revisions?  Thanks.
ALABAMA
on 3/30/08 7:08 am - STONE MOUNTAIN, GA
Dr. John Maquire in Dayton ,Ohio does many revision
darnell239
on 3/30/08 7:40 am - Columbia, SC
You could look into the stomaphx procedure.  I have heard mixed reviews about the procedure but it may be an option worth looking at.
MaryTeresa
on 3/30/08 11:12 am - Loveland, OH
I am seeing Dr Schumacher in Ketterin Med Center and he is doing my revision he will listen to his patients needs and address them. I am having Lap Over RNY with a Botox Stoma fill. My problem is my Stoma is dialated to the size of a quarter. My mom is having just the Botox fill . He is having a clinical study for the Botox fill going on. How ever he will need to know your prefered dieting habits like I like to have lots of mini meals during the day like when we were on liquids and soft foods i dont like to be hungry I prefer to eat when I have to only. My mom is the same. Think about what you feel most confortable with eating and the monts and deside weather you was restrictive or more malobsorbtion. I need restrictive. Everyone is an individual if you want I can give you his name address and phone #. 
FIREMANTRB
on 3/31/08 7:00 am - OH
How do I contact Dr Schumacher?  I am very interested in talking to him/her.  Thanks.
MaryTeresa
on 3/31/08 11:44 am - Loveland, OH
David Schumacher, M.D. 03/20 11:30am 2115 Leiter Road Suite 100 Miamisburg, OH 45342 Phone: (937) 384-6922
FIREMANTRB
on 4/2/08 8:02 am - OH
Thanks.  I called and now have an appointment on the 20th of this month.  What goes on during the appointment?  Just curious.  Do you know about insurance approval for revisions?  What type revisions does he offer?
(deactivated member)
on 3/31/08 3:43 am - TX

I had revision from RNY to DS.  Simply because of the great life style the DS affords and nothing mechanical to break (as in stoma enlargement or staple line disruption)

Come to the DS forum and see if this is a surgery for you.

Strawberry2
on 3/31/08 8:09 am
I went to see my surgeon after my UGI and the results say my pouch is strecthed - this is what is says "gastric chamber measures 8.3 cm, transverse dimension 7.6 cm and 7.4 cm in maximum AP dimension-immediate emptying of the opacified stomach into the small intestine" and this is just 27 months out....
FIREMANTRB
on 4/2/08 8:06 am - OH
Thats strange...my UGI said my pouch was elongated and enlarged and measured 3cm by 5cm.  I thought that sounded small, but who knows.
Most Active