stricture????????????

joenanna07
on 3/30/08 2:13 am - TX

so here i am home from the hospital for two days now and starting again with the same problem. the dr said i probably have a stricture when i went to the hospital they said i was severely dehydrated so i was admitted right away. they pushed fluids in me a.s.a.p. he wanted to leave me in there for one more day but they were allowing my 10mth old daughter in to see me so my dh couldn't come in either. so that was a huge problem for me so since my fluids were going down ok he agreed to let me come home. well i have been doing good i should be on soft foods so i thought i would try since i am so sick of broths. well my first thing was tuna with Melba toast and that went down great!!!! so i tried pinto beans(for diner) next and that was a huge no no! so the rest of the day i speed hot tea and coffee. yes it was decafe! so the next day i tried scrambled egg with cheese and that went down great  so for lunch i tried the tuna and boy was that a mistake. i was sick for the rest of the day and to go back to hot liquids and this morning tried an agg again and at first i got sick but after awhile it started going down ok. so does anyone know if strictures heal on there own or do i have to have another surgery. i have missed to much work already and can't afford to miss anymore. has anyone out there had this problem? i had a revision on 3\14\08. i had a revision on my rny i was told they tightened my pouch ,cut some of my old stomach off, and cut some of my intestines. so i am sure that i am not getting all of my fluids or nutrients. so has anyone ever gone through this and do you have any advice?

Strawberry2
on 3/30/08 6:23 am
I have no advicse but I am praying for you- I hope that this will pass - Jo
KIMBERLY W.
on 3/31/08 3:38 am - Florence, MA

Hi hope you are feeling better.  Ifyou think of it in this way you are a brand new post op. take it a bit slower. It has only been 2 weeks since you revision right? you should be on real soft soft foods. Chew every thing untill it is much in you mouth and bites no bigger then your finger nail on you pinky. and you should break a min or 2 b/w bits. Give youself time you have alot of healing to do.  KIM

skinny_cyndi
on 3/31/08 7:32 am - Mahwah, NJ
I had a sctricture before my my revision on 2/28, and it resolved on it's own. But sometimes they do require surgery of some sort. Take it slow, the first 3 weeks were absolute hell for me, and I still get the foamies quite often now, but what can you do right? Good luck!
Lisa L.
on 4/4/08 1:06 am - Nesconset, NY
I have had 2 strictures since my surgery in September 2007. All it takes is an endoscopy to fix it. While they are looking into your stomach, they can decide whether or not you have a stricture and then they dilate/stretch it while in there. It is really no big deal. It is done in ambulatory and you go home immediately after it. You will only have to miss one day of work.   Good Luck, Lisa

Come visit my support group on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/LIPO.Nation

To visit LIPO (Long Island Post Ops) bariatric support group website click here: www.liponation.org

Most Active