Update/revison needed

Strawberry2
on 3/29/08 1:32 am
Hi All - I went to see my surgeon yesterday and got the results of my UGI - the hospital hadn't sent over the results yet - but we finally got them to fax it over and the dr and I looked at it for the first time together - well he said - I gotta sit down for this one - the results are that my pouch has streched - when the dr say this he said - " it didn't strectg it exploded :WTF: that did not make me feel good - so we had a good talk and I needed to make sure that he was commited to help me with this revision - he sent me over to the lady who handles the insurance so that she could find out what guidelines I needed to submit to the insurance - as I was with her he got on the phone with the Gastro dr that I had seen 2 1/2 years ago and was getting my appt so that I can get my EDG scope done again by him - I was very pleased that he was behind me and that he seems committed to help me with this PS - I gained another 5 lbs in 3 weeks  - thanks for reading  -  Jo
rlg31
on 3/29/08 9:01 am - Wayne, NJ

Hi Jo, What type of revision is he going to do?

Good luck ,

Randi

MsDeniseinPA
on 3/29/08 10:15 am - PA
wow! good luck to you! what are your insurance requirements? I have my Upper GI scheduled for Thursday regarding my failed VBG. The Surgeon said that if there is a staple line disruption I shouldn't have any problems getting approved by insurance, but I might have to follow some guidelines first.  
Strawberry2
on 3/30/08 12:57 am
Hi Randi- he said he wants to see the edg scope results I will have to call on Monday  to schedule- while I was at  his office he  contacted the gastro dr and they called me like an hour later - unfortunately my cell phone died and by the time I got home their office was closed - I believe he will bypass some more  Ms Denise - I have Aetna - and the guidelines that the surgeons office has says for a revision it has to be medically necessary following a medically nec. original surgery - the ins cord at the office just told me to contact my pcp and get a letter and with the results from the ugi and edg and my surgeon notes I should be fine - I am praying that- that is all I will need - I have an appt with a nutritionist for Tuesday just to cover any loose ends kwim?
barbarabrewer
on 4/9/08 3:29 am - TX
Hi Strawberry2 What did you dr mean exactly when he said your pouch exploded?  I go to see a surgeon tomorrow with a stretched pouch and I was just wondering what he meant by exploded!  How big did your pouch get? If I can get my surgeon to day that then it should be a medical necessity for the insurance company. Barbara Brewer
Most Active