stomaphyx/RNY revision

christineneale
on 3/28/08 2:36 am - tampa, FL
HI! I am scheduled for revision april 9 which will consist of the stomaphyx, bypassing more intestine and fixing a blind loop syndrome anyone else have the stomaphyx AND having more intestine bypassed?
darnell239
on 3/28/08 5:12 am - Columbia, SC
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I was going to have this procedure done last summer by Dr. Overcash.  The reason I backed out with him is because I did not want to be opened up.  I wanted a lap procedure and secondly, I live 6 hours from Ocala and my husband insist I have care closer to home.  It is funny reading your post because I had an appointment in NC today with a revision surgery who basically wants to do the same thing as Dr. Overcash accept he plans to do it lap.  I plan place a post so please read.
CFR
on 4/1/08 5:00 am - FL
Hi  I think about having the stomaphx and making an appointment with Dr.Overcash, but I have to get op report first, then become member of hospital then I can schedule an appointment. Do you know anyone who has had the stomaphx done? I thought stomaphx was non surgery revision.  Why is he going to shorten your intestine? Connie
darnell239
on 4/1/08 6:20 am - Columbia, SC
There are people on this forum who has had the stomaphx but I have heard mix reviews.  I think the reason Dr. Overcash performs the procedure this way is so that he can get insurance approval.  Shortening the intestines I believe  helps with the malabsorption to help with the weight loss.  Dr. Overcash has a forum.  If you call his office I'm sure they will give you the website.  It is best to go on that forum and ask patients he has helped some questions.
cvickers
on 6/11/08 2:21 am
Did you have your revision surgery? Who is the doctor in NC. That would be closer for me. Thanks.
Most Active