Dr. Gagner...so excited!!!

Flor_Bellas
on 3/28/08 2:25 am, edited 3/28/08 3:46 am - Miami, FL
OK, after going round and round since October 2007 not knowing really if I wanted RNY or DS or what, I've decided that I want Dr. Gagner to handle my case.  With all due respect to Dr. De La Cruz-Munoz, I did not feel very supported on my quest for revision from Lap-Band to RNY.  On my first appt. with him in November he left me feeling like maybe there was no hope...but I persisted and persisted.  Last week his coordinator told me that my insurance won't cover revision but apparently does have bariatric coverage.  That conversation was so quick and abrupt that I felt like I was being dumped on the side of the road like garbage.  No one took the time to explain what my next step or options were and I was in a daze...just that I would have to pay out of pocket.  I mean, I couldn't even get people to talk to me from the office at times, as soon as they heard me say my name I would be put on hold endlessly.  It really felt like since the doctor does not specialize in revisions he didn't want to be bothered by me.  I'm not sure if that's the case, but I felt like I was made to jump all the hoops for nothing. So I decided to re-examine my options, and Dr. Gagner kept popping up.  One of my OH friends in Homestead mentioned that he even RETURNS emails!  That to me spoke volumes about his work ethics and bedside manner.  If he takes the time to respond to emails, then he'll take the time to guide me.  So on Tuesday I sent him an email and last night (Thursday) he responded.  His email was short but precise...he believes in appeals and persistence.  OMG!  No wonder you guys love him so much...he gives you hope and works with you...he doesn't act like he's God and you're lucky to be in his presence.  He put me in contact with Lourdes at his office and she will call me shortly for an appointment.  He mentioned in his email he will be in Europe teaching some surgeons next week.  Is this doctror real?  He's so good he teaches outside the country?  Oh, man, I feel so blessed.  Maybe I had to go through all this to finally find a good doctor.  He's even willing to accept all my paperwork from all the hoops I had to jump (psych eval, upper GI, etc.). I feel I have hope again now that I have found Dr. Gagner who is willing to guide me and work with me.  I just might go for the DS after all.  We'll see what he thinks after my appointment with him.  I'll keep you all posted.
babsintx
on 3/28/08 3:32 am - GA
Hi FLor,

Glad you found Dr. Gagner. Lourdes is very experienced with insurance. I was going to have Dr. Gagner do my lapband to sleeve revision and I also emailed him back and forth and he responded. Although he did not do my surgery, he was very kind and thorough.
Many surgeons dont want to work with insurance due to the fact that they sometimes take forever to pay.
Babs in GA
334/225/150
VBGMOM
on 3/28/08 6:27 am - DE
 Flor, I am really happy for you. Go for it! - Marlene

VBGMOM-Marlene ~ Just jeep moving forward~
Lourdes Medical Center of Burlington County: 609-835-2900 
Surgeon: Dr. David F. Greenbaum- 1-609-877-1737
Surgery Date: To be determined

beth75
on 3/28/08 11:22 am - Brownsboro, AL
Go for the DS.  You will join a very happy group of people.  He is a great surgeon.
Beth75           Slow and Steady wins the race!     
  Open Revision RNY to DS  AT GOAL  I LOVE MY DS

Most Active