Possible revision-almost 5 years post-op

Cindy Peck
on 3/27/08 11:29 am - North Waterboro, ME

I have just started my journey, yet again, to see what I can possibly do to assist with my weight that has slowly krept back on.  I noticed during my courtship with my now husband- I didn't focus so much on me, I was happy, living.  However, we have now been together for almost 2 years, recently married and I have gained 30 lbs.  I am really searching the boards, and looking to any advice any would have.  I had the RNY in 2003.  I live in Maine, and haven't seen any posts from anyone around here.  Wondering if anyone has seen Dr. Cobean for any revision advice? My PCP just referred me to go back and see him again, as he agrees, my weight is of concern.  All comments welcome!

ladylion2001
on 3/28/08 9:45 am - Baltimore, MD
Hi Cindy,  Feel like I'm in the same boat. I had surgery in Dec. 2004.  During my courtship with my now husband (of three months) the weight has crept on.  I never got to my goal and am still technically "obese". I'm better than I was, but I still have a way to go. I don't want to continue to gain (25-30 pounds and counting).  I just can't find the strength to make it work and am wondering if there is another surgery for me. I had RNY surgery.  I'm in Maryland so I'm not sure about the Dr. you asked about, but please keep me posted on what you learn. I'll do the same! Good luck and God bless!
Vicki PNW
on 3/29/08 7:21 am
Since you're in Baltimore, you might want to consider revising to the DS.  Here is the list of the following surgeons in your state: -  Dr. Schweitzer in Maryland performs RNY-to-DS revisions as well as other revisions, according to several members on the DS board. -  Dr. Vanguri in Maryland performs RNY-to-DS revisions and has performed VBG-to-DS revisions, according to a member on the DS board.  The same member reported being pleased with the revision and Dr. V. is "absolutely wonderful!". Further info on each surgeon is available at the Duodenal Switch Info Zone: http://www.duodenalswitch.com/surgeons/surgeons.html Also, visit the active Duodenal Switch forum board.  We all are there to help you. Hope this helps!

Vicki

DS (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney. Cholecystectomy (lap) with Dr. Clifford Deveney 19 months post-op.

Has not weighed myself since 1/2010.  Letting my clothes gauge my progress instead.

Most Active