ReStore 10 Week Update

KIMBERLY W.
on 3/28/08 4:15 am - Florence, MA
congrats to you both and get well soon! I had the real deal Restre ( i was a sham pt) at Brigims on wed the 26 th I went from 35mm to 4mm and Dr.thompson prolly alittle smaller right know with the sweeling. I kinda feel like I got punched in the gut a few times. I feel a lil restriction w/ the liquids. I think the trick is staying away from slider foods after you get out from under toe post procedure diet. I am thnink that If youor I feel some sort of restrictionwhen we eat solid protien then thats the way we will have to live. The old rule Protien 1st ect ect. Just kinda hard sometimes cuz I want the whole food event thing.  I thought I would do like i did begre during my original portien measure 3 to 4 oz then a bite or 2 of veg and later a sf type of desret when i fell the need to endulge! some times it just doent seem fair that we will always have to monitore everything.  But it could be alot worse.I could be alot worse off! I just need to learn to eat to live not live to eat!  KIM
NueBelieve
on 3/28/08 4:30 am, edited 3/28/08 4:30 am - PA
How are you feeling? You the first "Official Sham" I've heard about. So after you found out you were a "Sham" patient how long after did you have the actual prodecure? Do you feel a big difference between now then you did after the sham?
KIMBERLY W.
on 3/31/08 4:05 am - Florence, MA

Hi I feel alot diffrent this time! If i drink to fast I get nausea and my pouch feels very tender. sometimes I just get nausous for no appernt reason. I get hungry but as soon as I have a shake I am good for about 2-3 hours. Then I feel hunger and Its time for a shake. My stomach hurts when I am hungry thats new for me. I know I am tried alot latley and if I move to much or fast I feel slight pain/pressure. I found out in  feb that I was a sham so about 4 weeks. It is alot easier this time cuz i am not haveing to guess everything. I realy didnt think I had the prodedure but I was never 100% sure. like everyone I am already tired of liguids and have dream that I forget myself and eat food! Then i panick. I have caught my self "tasteing" when I cook for my family.So I srit it out in mid chew! I have found i feel better physicaly and i see  a bif diffrence with being carb detoxed.

Most Active