Boy O Boy

Cynthia Johnson
on 3/26/08 4:29 am
Hello all, I asked a question earlier got a lot of reviews but no answers.  Is revision ws results new?  It appears there are no old timers around on the board.  Does anyone else feel/or see this?  I know I never thought about revision I wish I had so I could have gotton on board sooner.  Maybe I would not have gained so much weight back.   Lightbulb Idea  Well I guess it does't matter I am now checking it out. Cynthia  Blowing Bubble 
Monique H.
on 3/26/08 6:41 am
Sorry I don't have the answers to your questions, but go to the ds board. They have people who have had revisions there and can answer some of your questions if revision to ds is something you are considering. I myself only gain and lose the same 5 pounds, but am looking into a revision since I still need to lose about 100 pounds.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Cynthia Johnson
on 3/26/08 2:42 pm
Hello and thank you for the response.  I will check out the ds boardKitty 7  Kitty 7
JeannieBVA1
on 3/26/08 9:43 am

I agree with you ... At first (a couple of months ago) I said the same thing.

However a lot of the revions surgeries are new.  They are so new that they are in the study process of the procedure. (Reos, Restore, Stophx, etc) I think the medical industry is realizing the need/demand for these necessary/new procedueres. Good luck,  Jeannie

Cynthia Johnson
on 3/26/08 2:50 pm
Hi and thank you for the response.  Yes, I've seen those new proceedures.  I even signed up for a trial and got a call back.  The rep stated they would forward my info for consideration.  I have a consult next week with Dr. S. in phx for a possible ds.  I've done alot of reading and believe that should have been my wls choice the first go.  But *****ally knows.  Insurance kicks in on the first, so hopefully things will line up.  Remote 
JROLFSON
on 3/27/08 1:25 am - St. George, UT
Hello Cynthia: No, revision WLS is not new. I had a revision to my 1979 gastric stapling in 1989 to RNY. My first WLS was successful but I had many complications...I stayed thin for 8 1/2 years. But, the staples came open and I regained the weight. The Dr's and my insurance covered a Revision to RNY in 1989 and I remained thin for about 15 years. Little by little I began to regain the weight. It is pretty much proven, if you don't stick to the regime of eating your meals at the table, and only eating what's on your plate, not grazing you can and will eventually stretch your pouch and or stoma and regain the weight.  I am now researching a revision to distal, and or stoma restriction. So the answer to your question is, yes...Revision can and is successful. Depending on the procedure. Mine was very successful the second time around I had 100 lbs to lose and lost 110, kept it off for 15 years. I lost 125 lbs the first time around and I hope to have another revision and need to lose 70 lbs. I hope this answers you question... JRolfson
Most Active