VERTICAL SLEEVE GASTRECTOMY?

(deactivated member)
on 3/26/08 12:19 am - NJ
Has anyone on here ever been revised from the VSG to something else? If so, what went wrong? Thank you!
(deactivated member)
on 3/29/08 11:40 am - , NJ
I'm probably going to be revised from the vsg to the gastric bypass.  I had the vsg approx 10 months ago and have stopped losing.  The women who had the same type of surgery on the same day has also stopped losing.  My surgeon did advise right from the beginning that the vsg would be probably be step one of the bypass.
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/08 5:23 am - NJ
Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that. How much were you able to knock off before you stopped losing? How long did it take you to realize that you werent going to lose anymore? What was your BMI going into surgery. Sorry for all the questions.
(deactivated member)
on 3/31/08 3:27 am - , NJ
I lost approx 30% off my excess weight.  I actually only have lost 3 lbs in the last 4 months according to the surgeon's scale.  I've lost approx 1/2 of what they thought I might lose.  My bmi if I remember correctly was like 65 and now I'm 51.  I'm also an insulin dependent type 2 diabetic and that doesn't always work well with this surgery.  There can be metabolism issues.  I knew going in this would probably be the 1st of 2 stages and I guess it's time to think about the other stage. Joanne
Most Active