Surgery on Thursday, March 27th I'm nervous

Cynthia Johnson
on 3/26/08 4:05 am
Hello Tonya, will keep you in my prayers.  All the best to you in your continued journey. Cynthia  Kitty 5 
JeannieBVA1
on 3/26/08 9:53 am
Tonya,  My sister and I both had our gastric bypass's back in the early 90's.   She had a baby several years later.  Two weeks after that, had to go in the hospital for a emergency hernia operation. They did not tighten her puch as it was not needed at the time.  But she did fine. I think hernia problems are very common in GB patients and the Dr's have gotten a lot of experience in over the years dealing with this problem.  As long as your seeing an experienced Dr., I'm sure you will be fine. I will send up a litle prayer for you.   Good luck, Jeannie
wigglypoo
on 3/26/08 1:09 pm - Sturgis, MI
Tonya, You probably wont get this message prior to your surgery but I wish you all the best and my prayers are with you.. Your chances of leaks, as your DOctor stated are minimum and by his stating that, that is a good thing.. He is recognizing the risk and letting you know, he is looking for that. There are many new ways to tighten the stoma, with minimum risk and also to tighten the pouch, hopefully he is doing them endolumicaly(by a scope down your throat called the ROSE procedure. Doctors have come so far in their techniques and yes, the amount you want to lose is possible if you follow the rules, exercise, and don't snack-- that is the main thing.. Don't snack.. I really, truly feel that is our down fall.. My prayers are with you.. God Bless.. Amy
Most Active