Surgery on Thursday, March 27th I'm nervous

ellton
on 3/25/08 9:09 am
Hello everyone.  I'm having a hernia repair on Thursday. 3/27, along with stoma and pouch tightening.  My surgeon told me that I run a higher risk of developing a leak -about a 5% chance.  Low but he wanted me to understand.   I have been through these boards and I cannot find any information where someone had their stoma and/or pouch tightened and then loss weight.  Can someone point me in the right direction? Right now I weigh 220 and am 5' 5.5" tall.  My original surgery was in 12/2003 and I weighed 257.  I lost down to 158.  I then stabilized at 175-180.  Over the last 4-5 months I've gained 40 pounds.  I really want to lose 60-80 pounds.  I would be one happy girl doing the happy dance   if I can lose 60 pounds. Please keep me in your prayers.  As soon as I get home from the hospital I will share my experience.   Take care... Tonya
Shawnta H.
on 3/25/08 9:36 am - Ellicott City, MD
Tonya, I don't have an answer to your question but I wanted to say congratulation and good luck.  I'm sure you will do just fine and I know you will lose 60 lbs so get your dancing shoes ready! I'm sending one up for you as I type this message! S
ellton
on 3/26/08 12:23 am
Thank you. I like your message. I'll post as soon as I can with my weight loss. Tonya
darnell239
on 3/25/08 11:58 am - Columbia, SC
Tonya, I'll be thinking about you on the 27th.  Pray for a successful surgery.  It is all in Gods hands so don't be too nervous.  Please keep the board updated on how your revision goes.  Hearing from people who had the revision really helps us all who are going through the steps.
ellton
on 3/26/08 12:32 am
Thank you. I couldn't agree more. I plan to post regularly. Tonya
MaryTeresa
on 3/25/08 12:19 pm - Loveland, OH
I am in the same boat I need my stoma fixed my Dr is doing a lap over RNY plus cologen fill in the stoma I wish you the best and am sending an angel your way  I wish mine could just tighten it but he said my stoma is too large for that it would not keep the sutures for long. Mine came dialated during my 2nd pregnancy. God luck and be safe.
ellton
on 3/26/08 12:37 am
Thank you. Tonya
Binxalways
on 3/26/08 12:47 am - Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Hi Tonya!  I know you & I have talked a little bit before because we are in a VERY similiar position.  I wish you the best of luck with your revision & I will definitely keep you in my prayers.  I just got my first denial letter from insurance for the lap-band over RNY, so some other options my Dr & I discussed were fixing the hiatal hernia of the pouch & having him tighten up my pouch & stoma while he's in there.  That pretty much sounds like what your Dr is going to do, so I would absolutely love to hear how it goes & if you feel more restriction from getting things tightened.  I wish you the very best & look forward to hearing about how things go!  Take Care! Sincerely, Elizabeth
MsDeniseinPA
on 3/26/08 2:25 am - PA
good luck to you tomorrow.
gurlygurl
on 3/26/08 3:22 am

you will be in my prayers!! 

Most Active