Question??

jendeb71
on 3/20/08 8:39 am - Lusby, MD
First hello everyone! I am new to the boards and new to the whole process of weight loss surgery. I have attended an informational seminar and gotten a referral from my PCP. My question is this, has anyone encountered a LOT of negativity regarding the Lap Band? I do not want the extremes of the actual gastric bypass but I have heard a lot of negativity regarding the Band's success rate. I do understand that all the surgeries are tools and that you have to work to make them work for you. Just wanted to hear some thoughts from both the newly banded and the long term banders.  Thank you for any responses.
velvet W.
on 3/21/08 3:55 am - Dillsboro, IN
Hi, I am a new band pt mine was put in on 2/26/08. I can say for me this was the right choice for me. I have lose weight with the band and I know without the band I would have gained more over years or months. This is my oppion so, remember I am no expert in any means. The way I see it the weight did not come on over night so it will not be lost over night. I think that any WLS is work to loss the weight by excersie, or learning how to eat healthy again. I know that learning how to eat is not the problem for me it is how much and small bites and not drinking 30min. before and after. I choose the band because of it being less invasive and lossing slowly so I dont have excess skin. The choice is a tough one but do lots of  investagating (sp) to see which is best for you. Good luck in what you do. I hope that this helps out but, the board is the best here for help and questions Velvet.
debbiejean58
on 3/22/08 5:04 am - Antioch, TN
I am 2+ years out with the band and I have not had any trouble at all with the band. Usually on the boards you will hear lots of things from people who are just starting out or with people who are having trouble come back to the board to see if they can get support. Most of the people who have great success with the band are not posting on a daily basis and are out living their lives. The band is exactly that a tool that you need to use to the best of your ability. I would go to the lapband forum and ask for successful bandsters to tell you what they have done to be successful. Good luck on your journey!!

Most Active