I HAD A TOTAL REVERSAL IN 2005 IF I CAN HELP YELL

SandraLP
on 3/20/08 7:10 am - cincinnati, OH

Hello members of this board.  I come here occasionally to see how everyone is doing. I had my original surgery in 2001.  But, because of severe vitamin deficiencies especially B1, I was totally reversed in 2005. I still remain very ill.  I am slowly getting all my medicines/vitamins via my portacath in my chest (which is a permanent IV). All of this is because of absorption.  I have had a total of 16 surgeries to my abdomen, 14 of them, were for bowel obstructions. Please stay on top of your vitamin levels.  Insist on them checking your B1, and B12.  I am on weekly blood level checks right now. Being so deficient in B1, has caused problems with my brain function, and even affected my muscles.  I may one day not be able to walk. I used to have the website imnotfatanymore.com.  Some of you may remember me because of that.  If I can help you in anyway, you can reach me via email at [email protected].   I know there are a lot of people out there that give me a lot of slack because of not being an advocate for this surgery anymore. The first 3 years after my WLS was amazing.  I loved life.  I now pray a lot (I am a Christian), for God to take me home.   At almost 45, I feel about 90.  If it weren't for my husband of almost 10 years, and other members of my family, I know I wouldn't be alive right now.  My husband gives me a reason to open my eyes everyday. Please keep me in your prayers as I do all of you. Sandra *Sandy* Pierce Cincinnati, Ohio

L M
on 3/22/08 3:47 pm - MS
Thank you for posting. It is a shame that people on here would bash you. I hope you start feeling better. Good luck.
SandraLP
on 3/22/08 11:45 pm - cincinnati, OH
Thank you so much for making me feel like I am not alone in this world.  Family can say they understand, but they can't relate to how I feel on a daily basis. I am very much a Christian, and therefore, do a lot of praying.  But at times, it is still "God take me home now to be with you".  I don't want to wake up to bile in my mouth and puking for 2-3 hours everyday anymore.  And the pain?  It's like I am being stabbed through out the day. And, to make matters worse, I have to jump through hoops to get nausea medicine IV, and pain medicines that they are giving me by mouth.  But, I  need them to be IV as well.  I just don't absorb anything. Please stay on top of your vitamins, drink tha****er, and please don't become addicted to the scale.  I am happier in a size 12 now than I was in a 0.  I looked very, very, sickly than.  Since I have filled out a little bit due to TPN, I don't look so haggered. Is there anyone out there that can help me get a board going for just complications? Happy Easter to everyone.  God bless you. Sandra Pierce [email protected] .
U2daisy
on 3/23/08 1:23 am - APO AE, Germany
Sandra, OH Has a complications Forum already... here is the link. http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/complications/

SandraLP
on 3/23/08 7:03 pm - cincinnati, OH

Thanks for the info.  I will have to check it out sometime soon. Sandy

melati
on 3/25/08 5:28 am - Miami, FL
Sandra I remember reading about you---sending you lots of prayers! I just got back from Cincy--had a great time!
SandraLP
on 3/25/08 7:31 am - cincinnati, OH
I have lived here my almost 45 years.  There is fun to be had here that's for sure.  Thanks for the prayers Julie. Sandy
gurlygurl
on 3/26/08 2:54 am

I feel so bad for you, it sounds like you have had a really difficult time.  I will pray for you, It is important for people to realize the dangers that can come with weight loss surgery.  It is easy to simply get caught up in the desire to be thin and forget that there are people who do not lose weight, and who have serious complications.  Anytime you need an ear or a prayer I am here!!

SandraLP
on 3/26/08 3:55 am - cincinnati, OH
Gurly, Thank you so very much.  I am having a really bad day today.  And, your message couldn't have come at a better time.  It's amazing when you barely eat anything but a crum, and you puke for hours.  (sorry that was more than you needed to hear). God bless you, and everyone out there trying to make the decision to change their entire lifestyle.  My computer blew up (my last one), otherwise I would post on here my picture after I had lost my weight.  I was given a nickname "Malibu Barbie" by a girl in a support group I had.  And now, I am scarred from almost head to toe.  Or that's what it feels like anyway. I won't even undress in front of my husband of 9 years.  In the hospitals it doesn't bother me.  I am sure they are used to seeing everything there. Good luck, and please stay in touch with me.  Write me and I will give you my phone number at [email protected] . Sandy Pierce Cincinnati, Ohio
babybee6
on 3/26/08 10:22 am - Cincinnati, OH
Sandra, I remember you from about 6 years ago after I had my surgery. I wanted to come to your support group but it was a little too far away. We corresponded a bit and you were such a compliant WLS patient. I never reached goal weight and have even gained some back in the past few years. I have come to this board on and off whenever I start thinking about a revision. My original surgeon moved to Dayton and eventually I went to Dr. Alexander a couple of years ago. He wanted to bypass more intestines so I kept putting that off. Now I'm going to be having one of the new procedures where they tighten your pouch and stoma. I think that's a better alternative. I hope it works. I'm so sorry to hear about all of your problems. Since you had a reversal will things get better? Is your prognosis good? Hang in there and please come here often to let us know how you are doing. Brenda
Most Active