Consult for Rose Scheduled

Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/25/08 9:48 am - Knoxville, TN
Had my eval and the H Pyloric test today ....the test came back negative and am pre- registered for the Upper GI Series and the Upper EGD. They hyave the original results but it has to be done by the doc there ...in KY .....bt I was t old UNOFFICIALLY that because they more or less knew that my pouch and stoma met critera and if I want in the Trial they want me in it ...so basically the EGD and UGIS is just somethng that they have to do for the Company ...also have to have Fasting Bloodwork done and be faxed by monday. If everythiong is ok then I will be scheduled for either April 23 or 24 ...... I cant WAIT ....Ohhhh I have to get a letter of clearance from the cardiologist ....also and do a 7 day food diary. It seems that the Doc I saw at that Seminar for basicl WLS has pushed this .and helped to get me in ..... Cheryl
JeannieBVA1
on 3/25/08 10:03 am

Again... these issues (fasting bloodwork, cardiologist, etc) has not been mentioned by the VA office.  I'm sure they will realize it at the last moment and put the surgery off another month. UGGGGGGG!    Jeannie

Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/25/08 10:31 am - Knoxville, TN
I lost you on AOL ...send me a message
babybee6
on 3/25/08 10:15 am - Cincinnati, OH
Congratulations!!! I'm really glad for you. In two days, Thursday, I go for my pre ops. It's getting closer......my surgery is scheduled for 4/4. I just hope nothing happens to knock me out of it. I can't imagine why I would have been scheduled after having a consultation with the doctor and him knowing my BMI or at least my height and weight. I would think the study needs different size people to see if it works for everyone or if it works better for some, etc. Thursday I will find out all the little details about diet and what I have to do before and after. I'm excited, too! I had my bloodwork done yesterday but no fasting. I had to wait for my insurance to kick in (for the bloodwork) because my husband switched jobs. Don't know if I have to see a cardiologist or not. My PCP usually does my EKGs. Let's keep each other posted. I want to know what happens with you. Brenda
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/25/08 10:21 am - Knoxville, TN
I still have to meet with their dietician ....hoping that can be done the same day i have the EGD and UGIS.... thanks and good luck to you .... I couldnt beleive she said IF I wanted to be in the trial ...LOL...as IF I DIDNT ....LOL...THANKS Cheryl
Most Active