Consult for Rose Scheduled

Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/20/08 6:58 am - Knoxville, TN
I am scheduled for a physical and consult for Rose Procedure on the 25th if I get the go ahead to go forward then I will have the EGD and Upper GI again at Georgetown KY that will be done the the 31st. While on the phone with Georgetown KY .....got a call from Irene at Richmond VA ....said they would do the intial consult over the phone for me to send my Upper GI and EGD reports faxed to her and I would get the call for the consult tomorrow ......So I have a good chance of gettin in the ROSE Trial ..... Georgetown is closer and the surgeon is the one that pushed this one thru since Friday..... Just needed to tell someone so yall got lucky and get to listen (rather Read) all about it ... Thanks for listening .. Cheryl
wigglypoo
on 3/20/08 10:58 am - Sturgis, MI
Wow, So there are still Doctors out there doing the ROSE trial? I read the clinical trials .gov and it said that they were no longer recruiting... Hwo am I getting different information? Good luck to you Wigglypoo
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/20/08 11:08 am - Knoxville, TN
I talked to the surgeons office last friday and they were going to try to get me into the trial and as of then the trial was still open ....and they called me today with all my appts ..so I dont know if it was just closed for those two hospitals listed or if all are closed ...tey didnt say anything about the trial being closed ...cause they know my insurance wont cover this procedure ........
babybee6
on 3/20/08 12:16 pm - Cincinnati, OH
I hope you get in!!! It's all happening fast for you. I had my scope on 2/12, my consult on 2/14 and my pre ops are this Thursday and my surgery is scheduled for 4/4. As you can see, I've bee doing a lot of waiting.
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/21/08 6:03 am - Knoxville, TN
Thank you ...I hope so too ..it seems that after I went to the basic wls seminar and spoke with Dr Malani that they were to contact USGLI (I think that is the c ompany) anyway the a few days later they closed the trial to recruiting but they surgeons office knew my insurance wont pay for WLS .....so I am thinkin that if you were in the system then you have a chance other wise you dont ...i will learn more on Tues when go see Lisa the Nurse Practioner for Dr Weiss on Tuesday ...and I will post what I find out ....thanks for the good wishes Cheryl
JeannieBVA1
on 3/22/08 2:26 am
Ladies,  I'm freaking out... I just got a call yesterday from the Richmond Va office (Irene)  She told me my surgery scheduled for 4-14 has been 'delayed' .. She siad it was due to legal studd that had to be completed before they could start the procedure.  Then she mentioned my BMI is 35 but it's not.. it's 37.. I think she was looking at an old report.  I will DIE if I have to have a 40 BMI.  She was reading some of the guidliens over the phone to me.  Said that it just stated a high BMI but she was going to have to check on that.  what is everyones BMI?  Cuddly Angel, if you come to town, we will have to meet.  She also told me I had to attend a seminar on 4/10 at 4:00...  I have everything else they need.... (The meeting w/the  nutritionist, the psych evlauation, scope test, etc)  She did tell me they were anxious about starting this and hoped to get started by end of April.  She did say that me and one other person was scheduled so far for the surgery and we would be the first for this Dr.  I'm really worried about the BMI requirements.... UGGGG!  Brenda, where is your procedure scheduled?  What is you BMI (If you dont mind me asking) Thanks Ladies,  Jeannie
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/22/08 4:37 am - Knoxville, TN
I think the BMI has to be at least 35 but not even sure that is a requirement ....mine is 37.6 ..Irene called me ...I havent even faxed her my test results yet I will probably do that on Monday....Actually it looks like if I get in it will be in Georgetown ....cause everyone that is having the procedure there is having the EGD and the Upper GI on the 31st and they gave me first choice of appt times cause of where i live.....I did see that the procedure is not taking anymore recruits but I guess that means if you arent in the system ya cant get in the .... maybe we can meet halfway sometime if I have mine at Georgetown ..this is about 3 hrs closer than Richmond. I cant beleive how fast this has happened for me ....started wit the seminar a week ago and now this ....Dr Malani got me in I am sure ....but Dr Weiss is the one doing this procedure ....for the trial. Good luck Jeanne and Brenda... Cheryl BTW ...I wonder how much they expect a person to lose each month with this ..I need to lose 75 lbs to be at normal
JeannieBVA1
on 3/22/08 11:56 am

It the requirement is at least 35, I will be ok..  I can't imagine they want the BMI to be too high..   Why make a person gain almost all their weight back before they can have this procedure?    I mean if a scope is done and the stoma/stomach is stretched.. They know it's only up hill on the scales from there...  Brenda,  Where are you having your procedure?  I hope not VA. Also I know the VA group is still accepting patients for the Rose. The waite is KILLING ME!    Not to mention work is getting frustrated because I'm having to change dates.... right around the time everyone is taking vacation.  We have a small office of 5 people.

Cuddley Angel, it sounds like everything is going to happen for you.  I guess the Ky office was just better preparted then the VA office.

Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/25/08 9:49 am - Knoxville, TN
Jeannie I replied to a post here about my EVAL ....hope to talk to you on AOL this evening Cheryl
babybee6
on 3/22/08 10:12 am - Cincinnati, OH
My BMI is 50. ): I'm barely 5 feet tall and really fat. I'm hoping mine's not too high but I never heard it mentioned or read anywhere and they all know my height and weight.......I know that my doctor has already been doing them so I hope he has taken care of all the legal stuff. I'm having mine done in the Cincinnati area. Brenda
Most Active