so tired of broth!!!!!!!!!!!

joenanna07
on 3/19/08 8:27 am - TX
can anyone tell of any other soups\broths that will help me out? i am so tired of the chiken broth bc i dont like the beef one. so i am about to gag if i keep eating chicken. i will go to full liquids on friday but even that only means cream of chiken but at least then i will have more variety. any help will be gladly appreciated.
JeannieBVA1
on 3/19/08 9:02 am
Lipton makes a 'cream of chicken' soup.  It comes 4pks to a box. They are just a little thicker then broth and very tasty.   Also remember SF jello.
ginau
on 3/19/08 12:36 pm - mesa, AZ
maybe try adding some  other flavor  to it , herbs or like some cilantro and garlic  with a splash of v8   make it tangy ..   anything you can puree and then strain ???  I like V-8 warmed up too  !!  Beef is hard - not too much you can do with it !  Hang in there - your doing great !!!!
kcmaryt
on 3/19/08 8:59 pm
Here are 3 soup/broth suggestions : I've added a little soy sauce and vinegar with just a dash of Splenda to chicken broth and it becomes a little like hot and sour Chinese soup.   I've also pureed a couple of cans of diced tomatoes,  a can of rotel tomatoes, lots of chicken broth, a little oregano, and a little basil, and a touch of red wine vinegar.  I've also added to that some chopped onions and minced garlic that I sauteed with a little Pam until very tender - then pureed that and added it to the soup.  I also added just a touch of Splna - not enogh to actuaally sweetner the soup, but to enhhance all the flavors.  If I want it a little spicier - I've added Taco seasoning, and/or tobasco sauce. Lastly - I just buy one of the dehydrated soup mixes that come in a bag - Bear Creek, Wylers - Cream of Potato is my favorite (I just found the lowest calorie one.)  Cook as directed, strain out the potatoes, put them through the blender, and stir them back in.  Delicious!  (I usually cut the calories in half by adding lots of chicken broth.)  You can add flavorless protein powder to any of these soups. I tried it, however, and didn't find it so flavorless - but it might of been more in my head!   Hope these suggestions help!
Most Active