Enlarged Pouch???

Monique H.
on 3/24/08 1:23 am
MaryTeresa can I ask if any of the people you mentioned here been approved already through insurance? I'm really interested in the person who is having a hard time following the diet and being changed to ds. Also do any of them have an HMO? I know I'm in California, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can before I go and see my doctor on April 1st. Also is BPD something that can be done with RNY? I really wish they could just switch my intestines and leave the pouch like it is so I could at least have malabsorbtion part. I've had a hard time getting my eating habits together. I got really discouraged after not losing any weight for 3 months. I started eating horribly again and now Its been 2 more months and I can't change the habits that I've started back to. Sorry to hijack this one. I just need to know some of this stuff.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
MaryTeresa
on 3/24/08 4:01 pm - Loveland, OH
All listed in my message were approved thru insurence. However I have found alot of insurences will not cover the RNY to Ds I know mine wont mine will cover any thing else though. BPDis similar to DS it is the normal revision for the RNY.  BPD and DS are both malabsorbtion methods for those who may have problems with smaller portions they still have to diet some but it is alot more leanient. I am Anemic so I can not go those methods. I have to go a restrictive method like Lap over RNY w/ Cologen fill or VSG.  I am ok with 10 small meals a day @ .5-1.0 oz each and I am ok with protein substitues like Bene Protein and Unjury. If you have any questions PM me and I will do my best to help. I did alot of research and questioning b4 I found the right one for me. My moms insurence is based out of California it is Anthem BC/BS  of California they are tough to get approved through but as long as you meet requirements they normally approve. I had it with my original RNY now I have Molina which is a form of medicaid. Every health codition that still exists from Asma, sleep apnea, anemia, facial hair, bad knees bad back, higene issues with irritation, and a such are co-morbid conditioins and can help your case get approved. GoodLuck!
Karen3
on 3/25/08 4:35 am - Long Island, NY
Hi Monique--sorry to jump in here guys, but I just want to suggest that you might want to visit www.livingafterwls.com and check out the 5 day pouch test.  It's not really a test, and it doesn't change the size of our pouch, but it definately helped me get out of some bad habits I got myself into--carbs, grazing, etc.   95 lbs. in 6 months is AMAZING! 
 Karen  
232/210/132
Highest wt. (pre-band)/at revision to RNY/current
Michele B.
on 3/25/08 12:06 am
Hi.  I am scheduled for Sclerotherapy on Friday.  Last year I did have a scope and was told my pouch was larger than normal.  This procedure is done to correct the opening that is allowing the food to pass right though my pouch and making me always feel hungry since my pouch never has anything in it.  This may need to be done more than once to close up the opening, and it is done though a scope by applying an irritant around the opening.  There is another procedure called the ROSE procedure that my doctor, Dr. Baker in Grand Rapids, does also.   He said he will know more when he is inside doing the procedure as to if I will need that done also.  I am hopeful that this will put me back on track..... blessings~MICHELE 
wigglypoo
on 3/25/08 2:45 am - Sturgis, MI
HI Michele, Good luck on Friday.... Hope it all goes well... Haven't talked to you in awhile... Amy
Most Active