Question about RNY to Lapband?

Daisys Owner
on 3/18/08 12:02 pm - USA, PA
Can they do the lapband after RNY? I had RNY in September of 05.I started at 367lbs and now am in the 250's to 260's(love that up and down junk lol).Not where I want to be after going through weight loss surgery! Also is there any success stories from RNY patients that had a revision to the lapband?

Michelle

S362/C285/G160

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels which I hope to know how thin feels someday very soon

classite
on 3/18/08 4:17 pm - Battle Ground, WA
Yes they can do the lap band over the RNY.  I am not sure how successful it is??  Hopefully someone will come along with some useful information for you. Cheryl
  Cheryl Lassiter
Lap RNY 4/14/06
LBL 4/8/08
ced
on 3/20/08 12:11 am - Iowa, LA
I am in the same boat. Since I found out yesterday that my stomach has stretched since my rny 5 years ago, my doctor can do a lapband over it. Maybe someone can help us? I have a good chance my insurance will pay for it! Any comments? Thanks, Ced
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/20/08 1:27 am - Knoxville, TN
you are lucky that your insurance will cover it ..my insurance says the only way they will cover the surgery revision is if the surgeon uses a code other than Obesity or Weight loss ....However I am in the process now of trying to get into the ROSE clinical Trial in Georgetown KY with Dr Weiss....Good luck with everything Cheryl
MaryTeresa
on 3/20/08 12:00 pm - Loveland, OH
I saw Dr Schumacher today and he recomended having Lap overtop my RNY due to a dialated stoma. Has anyone else had this? Does it work? I have my EGD on 04/07/08 . I  could also use some tips on how to handle your 1st 2months out of Lap surgery. I originally lost from 455 to 235 now I am back at 358 due to dialated stoma I am always hungry so I need to have it fixed.  I know how to diet with RNY is it similar or is there any tips? Is Laperscopic good or should I have open again? Hope to Hear from you soon. The only other option he said was to have cologen fill in the stoma. Do you know if your stoma is dialated or is your pouch stretched? Lap over RNY is supose to help both issues when cologen is for stoma only.  He has had the best success with lap over RNY as far as revisions but every patient is different not everyone has a stoma issue some just want less absorbtion. I have the stoma issue so he is going to reduce my pouch back to .5-1.0 oz and make the stoma smaller with fill . I wish you well. GodBless! MaryTeresa Proud Mom of 2 boys
Most Active