I'm revising from lap band to RNY

ap7yrs
on 3/26/08 3:04 am - usedtobe, NY
Hi Jen, It's such a relief to hear someone use all the same words I do about the band.  Everytime I eat, food gets "hung up", not stuck exactly, but painfully hung up.  You're also the second person to respond to me who says they don't get dumping.  I wonder if that's somehow associated with the revision.  Thanks for the warning about buyers remorse.  I had it with the band and I'm sure I'll have it again with RNY.  I've actually talked to my surgeon about using some heavy duty anti-anxiety drugs for the first few weeks post op to keep them under control.  Thanks so much for responding.  BTW, I grew up on the Northside of Indy, so it's nice to see someone in the area. 
Lap Band 1/16/07
283/276/229/160  pre-op/surgery/current/goal
-54 pounds
Karen3
on 3/25/08 12:29 am - Long Island, NY
Hi...I had a revision from band to RNY on 6/18/07.  I couldn't be happier.   The lowest I got down to w/the band was 158.  Due to an esophagus problem (it's in my profile if you want the whole story) NOT caused by the band, my band was nevertheless incompatible for me.  Once it was permanently unfilled, I no longer cared about my eating & went back up to 210. I now eat everything, whereas with the band, I couldn't even manage tuna! This is the thinnest I've been since I got married 22 years ago, and I'm thrilled.  I'm wearing 6's and 8's and cry everytime I go shopping. Good luck, and pls. feel free to PM me.
 Karen  
232/210/132
Highest wt. (pre-band)/at revision to RNY/current
Monique H.
on 3/25/08 2:46 am, edited 3/25/08 2:47 am
Can I please make a suggestion. Before you decide on the rny please go over to the duodenal switch forum and read around for a while. You've had one surgery already and if you haven't looked into the different options open to you, you may end up back in the OR again. Please don't take this the wrong way. I just have a problem with eating and when I find out I can eat something it makes it harder for me to stay away from it. The ds sounds like a great surgery and I'm looking in to being revised from rny to it. I lost 95 lbs in the first 6 months after rny and then stopped losing. I so wish someone would have told me about the ds and its immediate and longterm success rate before I had rny. Good luck to you no matter what you decide.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Most Active