HELP PLEASE!!!

luckymomof4
on 3/17/08 6:40 am
My docotr just told me that I did not qualify for the ROSE procedure because I had a complete breakdown form my open RNY in 2003.  He says that my surgery could be redone... but there is a 4 times higher risk of leakage....  What should I do???  He also says that he only does them lapriscopically...  How dangerous is this????  I would love to hear form people that have had this done.
NueBelieve
on 3/17/08 7:17 am - PA
I would get a second opinion. Did he do an endoscope? Upper GI Series?
luckymomof4
on 3/17/08 7:22 am
yes I have had a endoscope and and upper Gi and he says that from what he can see that it looks like my stapleas are gone from my RNY 5 years ago.  he thinks that  he can do a new RNY lap.
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/19/08 5:15 am - Knoxville, TN
What is your opinion of Dr Weiss ..I have an appt with one of his Nurse Practioners on the first to discuss the Rose Procedure ...I met Dr Malani last Friday at a seminar and he think I need to be in the ROSE ....but he also wants me (Dr Weiss) to have another EGD ..they got the measurements from the Upper GI but there werent any from the EGD so he needs to have it done again .... I am waitin for a call back because I forgot to ask if they were gonna do the EGD on the 1st also ....so I will know whether or not to get someone to drive me to KY or not ..I live in Knoxville TN .... I heard he is really nice ..Dr W that is ....what is your opinion of him
SophieGrace
on 3/20/08 3:22 am - IL
You need another opinion. I had a revision six weeks ago.  The risk of leaks is ALWAYS higher with a revision; my surgeon's assistant said they expect a seriously high rate of leaks, which is why I had a drain and a g-tube.  In my case, if there were leaks, they healed on their own.  No problems. My revision was open.  There was so much scarring that it was almost certain it would have had to be done open, so I told him to spare the start with lap (which would probably have had to rever to open anyway) and just do it open.

SophieGrace 

Most Active