Questions about revision

redraven0619
on 3/17/08 3:04 am - Merrimac, MA
I didn't even know a revision was possible. What exactly would my options be? I had RNY in 2002. Started at 275, Lowest weight was 130 after 2 years post op 10 pounds higher than my goal of 120.  I now go between 150 & 160. I pretty much eat what i'm supposed to. I eat between 1200 & 1400 calories per day. Always have enough protein, water ect. I've only had low iron & B12 for vitamin issues, and no other problems at all. Have not had any plastics yet.  Would I even be a canidate for a revison?
Zee Starrlite
on 3/17/08 4:45 am
Are you pregnant?  If not, I think you have a pregnancy ticker up. It doesn't sound like you need a revision.  You haven't gained so much weight that  you couldn't just chuck off 100calories per day and intesify your workout and lose with what you have. You would have many options for a revision if there were something mechanically wrong with your RNY like a stretched pouch, a wide stoma or not enough intestinal bypassing: Making your pouch smaller Making your intestines more distal (bypassing more= malabsorbing more) Converting to a DS Lap Band over bypass and I'm sure there are some other things. Did you try the 5 day pouch test?   Good luck, Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Just Valena
on 3/17/08 5:15 am - Nunyabizness
Aren't you pregnant? Even if you weren't, I doubt that 30lbs would be enough for a revision. What does your BMI look like at that weight? Revisions are VERY risky, I would definitely seek out every possible solution BEFORE considering a revision surgery. If you still have a concern, once your baby is born have your surgeon check out your mechanics, checking the sizes of your pouch and stoma.

redraven0619
on 3/17/08 6:27 am - Merrimac, MA
Yes I am pregnant so it's not something that I am considering right now. I just found out that you could even have a revision so I was just trying to get some info on it. I'm just concered i'm still considered overweight (before the pregnancy) at 150. I've gained 20 pounds so far with this pregnancy & I still have 3 months to go so that concerns me a bit. I didn't know if there was a certain amount of weight you had to gain back or what the requirements were. I don't know if I have any of those things mentioned above, i've never been checked for them. I was going to try that pouch test thing after having my baby and see how that goes.
Just Valena
on 3/18/08 1:35 am - Nunyabizness
Is this your first post-op pregnancy? I know right now you can feel like you are eating a lot and the weight won't come off, but it will!!! Like I said though, if there is a concern, you can have your doc check the sizes of your pouch and stoma, to make sure they are not out of whack. As for the gain...it's so variable. I have seen folks gain 50-60 pounds and drop most if not all in the weeks following birth. Seeing that scale go up is so scary, but necessary. Good luck!!!

Most Active