8 Week ReStore Update :)

NueBelieve
on 3/16/08 2:50 am - PA
Hi everyone. It was 8 weeks on Friday since my ReStore Procedure. I don't know if I had the procedure or not even now. I have convinced myself that I did have it.  Eating wise  I try to stick to fishes like Tuna and Salmon salads as well as egg salads. I haven't had any "Bad" days yet but the urge is always there.  I was at the Farmers Market picking up some grapes thursday and without thinking walk by the Candy Booth. Needless to say OMGGGG the smell of the Chocolate candy nearly caused me to droll on myself LOL it was so hard to keep on walking....but I did. As of today I have lost 35 Pounds. I am very please with that and this week I am going to try and do a low maintence workout. I have Fibromyaligia so sometimes I can't workout but I do walk alot.  I go for my offical 2 month appointment Tuesday and will post "My Stat's" as far as inches etc. Thanks for the email it really means alot :)
babybee6
on 3/16/08 3:23 am - Cincinnati, OH
That is so awesome! Congratulations and keep up the great work! Brenda
(deactivated member)
on 3/16/08 5:23 am
Congratulations on the 35 pound loss!!  That's fabulous for just 2 months time!  You have a great attitude about sticking to the recommended diet.  Let's face it-our surgeries are just a tool.  Ultimately the weight loss comes down to what we eat (or don't eat..lol).  Thanks for keeping us updated and keep up the GREAT loss! 
Betsy C.
on 3/16/08 10:04 am - Efland, NC
Congratulations on your 35 lb loss.  I understand what you mean by the "urge" always being there.  Although I'm pretty certain I had the actual procedure, there are times when I'm around food, especially other people eating what I can't have, that the head hunger starts playing tricks with me.  I did extremely well on the 16 days of full liquids, and lost 11 lbs.  Friday night I had my first solid meal - baked tilapia - and I really thought I would only take a couple of bites and feel full.  Well I  ended up eating about a 1/2 serving of fish before I started feeling even slightly full, but I stopped as soon as I felt that, and was completely satisfied.  A little later I had a small serving of sugar free chocolate pudding mixed with sugar free cool whip (it was my husband's birthday and they were having a regular dessert so I was prepared with my own).  Saturday and today went well.  I had an egg both mornings, tuna salad for lunch, one day and salmon the other, chicken last night and scallops tonight.  It's weird having protein without any side veggies.  I had some liquid protein between meals because I don't think I'm getting anywhere near enough protein in my food yet.  I guess we're supposed to do that, right?  Anyway, I'm anxious to see when the weight loss will begin again - I've been at 11 lbs lost since Friday.  I'm sure my body is just adjusting... Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

NueBelieve
on 3/17/08 1:37 am - PA

I started  trying to get my protein levels higher after 4 weeks. I buy ham....cheese....salami....or any cold cuts I like and I have them cut  into little cubes. Lots of times for a lunch or even dinner I wil have some with Ritz wheat crackers. I can;t wait for the summer weather because I happen to like ice pops and thats a good filler.

Your doing fantastic so far...just know like everyone says its a battle but a battle we can win.

Best of Luck to you! :)

reenieb
on 3/17/08 12:23 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Congrats on your success, especially in your strength in staying away from the candy! Can I ask what exactly was done during your procedure? Did your doctor reduce the size of your pouch, or just closed up your stoma opening? How did you feel afterwards? Thanks. Maureen
NueBelieve
on 3/17/08 1:46 am - PA
I am in the ReStore Trial. I am still not sure if I have the actual procedure or not. In this trial only the stoma is sutured. I did however have very uncomforatble pain under  my breasts...maybe from gas and/or the endoscope. Hope this helps! :)
Betsy C.
on 3/17/08 1:47 am - Efland, NC
In the RESTORe procedure, they only work on the stoma, reducing the size of the stoma by placing sutures and then cauterizing the surrounding tissue so scar tissue will form. Betsy

Lap RNY 5/7/03
I lost 50+ pounds of regained weight with hCG drops.

JeannieBVA1
on 3/17/08 9:13 am
Congrats!!!!!!!!!   You are doing GREAT!   Keep up the good work because in the end, it will have been worth it!  Jeannie
Most Active