QUESTION, NEED AN ANSWER PLEASE.

Jodi W
on 3/15/08 7:03 am - SIMI VALLEY, CA

HI THERE REVISIONERS AND THOSE TO BE.  I have been wondering how you gain weight if your stoma has been stretched out of shape,Or is this an impossiblity? You would think that if the stoma is stretched you would keep losing uncontrollable not gain weight. Am I not getting the picture here or what.  Any one that can explain this to me, I would appreciate it greatly. Thank you so much in advance. Have a wonderful weekend.

Hearts JODI    Hearts                 

Janelle S.
on 3/15/08 12:28 pm - Metairie, LA
If your stoma is stretched out then you have no restriction and you can eat a larger volume of food and gain weight.

Jodi W
on 3/16/08 1:46 am - SIMI VALLEY, CA

Janelle Thank you so much. That's what I thought but some one said if the stoma is stretched then the food goes straight through and it doesn't set so you wouldn't gain weight. The whole reason for the WLS I thought was to make it smaller so you couldn't eat more. So in turn if the stoma is stretched the food has more room to go and takes longer to fill up. OK well at least one person thinks my way. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop in and answer to my post. Have a wonderful sunday and a fun St.Patricks Day.

Hearts JODI    Hearts                 

KRWaters
on 3/16/08 2:00 pm - Manteca, CA
Hi Jodi, remember me? Karen. I am one who is going to have a revision to a duodenal switch. I am so excited, but have to wait a few more months. Check out this revision board or come to the DS board or even go to duodenal switch.com. Check out my profile why the DS is so much better and all the reasons so many are going that route.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Jodi W
on 3/16/08 10:47 pm, edited 3/16/08 10:47 pm - SIMI VALLEY, CA
Hi Karen,   Thanks for the invite. I have been looking around all the boards just to get a little info. I have developed ulcers and it is looking like my IBS is now Crohns. I am going to try and make my original surgery work first before I take anymore drasitic steps. I really don't want to have anymore surgeries if I can possibly avoid it. I have been reading about the Rose proceedure and the Stomaphyx. When the dr. did my upper endoscopy he found that my stoma had stretched or enlarged quite a bit. So I am going to work real hard on my original surgery first before I try anything else. I was just wondering about the stoma. Thank you so much for the invite. you never know I may see you around your neck of the woods.  Take care and Happy St.Patricks Day to you. Have a wonderful day.

Hearts JODI    Hearts                 

MaryTeresa
on 3/21/08 1:04 pm - Loveland, OH

You are rigfht about the stoma being dialated . I am having Lapover RNY plus cologen fill to fix my stoma because it is extreme. My mother is having cologen fill only she is not big on the whole surgery thing and has stoma issues but not as bad as mine her consult is on 04/07 . There are other methods out there. Just research and talk to your Dr. I know you will make the right choice for you.

Jodi W
on 3/22/08 1:38 am - SIMI VALLEY, CA

Mary Teresa

Thanks for the encoragement, I hope your right and I do the right thing.  

I hope you keep me informed on how you do. I am very anixous to know how it goes for you. Did you gain weight after your inital surgery and this is why you are doing this?

Have a wonderful day and an awesome Easter day! Child Basket Bunny Face Egg 3 Easter Egg Smiley Happy Easter Bunny 

Hearts JODI    Hearts                 

MaryTeresa
on 3/22/08 11:18 am - Loveland, OH
Yes my weight was forced on due to back to back pregnancies and I went from 0 hunger to all the time hunger. I was made to drink and eat around the clock during my pregnancies and put on bed rest because they were high risk . So I am now done having children and need to get it fixed to get my weight off to keep up with my 2 beautiful boys. I will let you know how it goes. I have my EGD done on 04/07/08 and my extensive presurgery blood work done on monday. Soon after I will have my insurence authorization and go through it so check back with me about 05/01/08 I hope to have it done by then.
Just Valena
on 3/17/08 2:31 am - Nunyabizness
When the stoma gets stretched, your food empties very quickly. You don't feel satisifed, so you continue to eat. I'm guessing.

Jodi W
on 3/17/08 2:47 am - SIMI VALLEY, CA

LEAN Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. You know that's what I was thinking also.  This whole WLS thing sure can be confusing.  but I wouldn't change it for anything. Have a great St, Patricks Day.

Hearts JODI    Hearts                 

Most Active