Revision and no change....

Smitha
on 3/16/08 3:54 am - Vestavia, AL
I would apprecate any insights. Here is the deal. I had RNY in 2000. Lost 135 lbs. REgained 100 of the lbs and had a revision 2 weeks ago. I am so scared BC I see little changes. I can actually still eat (did the purees ect) 1st week. But with the first RNY I remember having to drink really slowly--even water. I have not thrown up ever inthe two weeks of this revision. I have prob lost about 8 lbs. But I can basically eat chicken ect. I am really worried that nothing other than some renewed dumping--I did get sick on rice Krispie treats. Please tell me what you expereinced after your revisions. I am bascially having to strictly diet as though I had no surgery.
Cynthia Johnson
on 3/16/08 5:23 am
Hi, what revision did you have?DS, Lap Band...  this may help with getting information to you.
NueBelieve
on 3/16/08 6:27 am - PA
Sorry to hear your do not have the restriction you expected. My only question is.... did your doctor say Chicken and/or Rice Krispie treats are ok so soon after your revision?  I had to go through the typical liquids then soft food period for a month. I would called your doctor and ask him exactly what he did during your prodecure and tell him what you told us here. Hope you find your answers and Best of Luck to you! :)
happy girl
on 3/16/08 10:30 pm
What revision did you have? And come on, rice Krispie treats 2 weeks after weight loss surgery?    You won't see any changes with eating like that.  You have to use your tool, and use it wisely.   Stay away from the scale and foods "bad" for you, PROTEIN, PROTEIN, PROTEIN.  WATER, WATER, WATER, Low carb, low sugar.  Go back to basics.  You  have been given a second chance, don't blow it. Follow the program your surgeon gave you, at 2 weeks you should be on liquids or soft foods and drink plenty of water, and exercise.  Good Luck

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

ginau
on 3/17/08 12:56 pm - mesa, AZ
Come on !! You all need to go back and read some of Dr Schlesingers posts !! Majority of revisions  only bypass additional intestine and do nothing to the pouch. therefore you will not have restriction ,   I would strongly suggest talking to your Dr about your  fears  and your Nutrition !!!  My opinion only  but ---  If your intent on eat carbs this early out  - you should most likely be seeing a  nutritionist and psychologist to address proper nutrition and your head hunger..   I know you dont want to be a 2 x failure .  You have been given a wonderful chance to suceed in dropping the weight.  embrace the changes you must make - dont fight them .
happy girl
on 3/18/08 1:08 am
On March 17, 2008 at 7:56 PM Pacific Time, ginau wrote:
Come on !! You all need to go back and read some of Dr Schlesingers posts !! Majority of revisions  only bypass additional intestine and do nothing to the pouch. therefore you will not have restriction ,   I would strongly suggest talking to your Dr about your  fears  and your Nutrition !!!  My opinion only  but ---  If your intent on eat carbs this early out  - you should most likely be seeing a  nutritionist and psychologist to address proper nutrition and your head hunger..   I know you dont want to be a 2 x failure .  You have been given a wonderful chance to suceed in dropping the weight.  embrace the changes you must make - dont fight them .
You all need to go back and read some of Dr Schlesingers posts !! __ I am curious as to why you suggest we ALL need to go back and read some of  Dr Schlesingers posts? We are responding to the posters questions/concerns the best way we know how....my response comes from my own experiences as a patient and as someone who works in a bariatric practice and sees patients every day.

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

Most Active