I just had EGD with sclerotherapy..

kbeckzpb
on 3/14/08 3:08 am - St. Louis, MO
I am 4 years 6 months post-op. I was having some discomfort with every meal and decided to see my bariatric surgeon.  Dr. Scott ordered a series of tests and mentioned that he believed that the opening of my pouch had enlarged and would recommend sclerotherapy if there were no other complications.    I went for the EGD on this past Wednesday unaware that I was already approved for sclerotherapy.  It went rather well.  There was some pain afterwards and quite a bit of gas and tenderness now.  I am liquids again for 2weeks, semi-solids for 2 weeks, then back to regular diet.  So far it is working.  I feel the same sense of fullness that i felt in the initial stages of the surgery.  I made one mistake.  Dr. Scott prescribed a liquid pain reliever and I HATE any liquid medication.  I thought that I could take a small pain tablet instead and BOY did it cause a lot of pain.  Kind of like the first time you ate something that you hadn't chewed well enough.  Lessons still to be learned...
darnell239
on 3/14/08 4:16 am - Columbia, SC
Thanks for sharing your experience and please keep the board updated.  I will especially like to know how the procedure is doing 3-6 months out.
linda249
on 4/6/08 6:50 am - xenia, IL
HI I see you had Dr. Scott, I had Dr. de la Torre and I would love to know what you had to do to get approvef for the surgery, the stomaphyx  that is , did you have to write down everything you ate for 3 weeks ? Please tell me what you had to do before stomaphyx.
Cheryl J.
on 4/28/08 9:54 am
How are you doing with the sclerotherapy? Im about to get it done this Friday with Dr. Bessler. Are you still feeling full? cj
Most Active