THANKFUL FOR MY REVISION TO LAPBAND

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/08 11:32 pm - Brampton, Canada
I am posting one month early of my 2 year surgiversary to the Lapband after previously having the VBG back in 1987.   This is what I am grateful for: I lost 100% of my excess weight in 20 months At 23 months I  have lost more than 100% of my excess weight and am now below goal I had no complications with my revision I have the best lapband surgeon I could ever hope for I have the best aftercare lapband clinic I could ever ask for I can still eat a huge variety of foods including sweets I met my best friend through OH local forum and at subsequent wls support group  I have met and become good friends with many others from here I have only vomited 3 times since being banded I have only slimed 5 times since being banded Pre-banding I would constantly vomit due to the old effects from the past VBG now I can't I no longer obsess about food and eating I save a fortune on eating out at restaurants I feel the quality of my life is worth living now I am now a much healthier role model for my daughter I know longer feel hopeless and like a failure For those of you waiting to get revisions please do not give up hope, I paid $16,000 for my surgery as it is not covered in the province I live in and well worth it.  Research whatever revision you decide on and pick a top notch surgeon who is experienced with revisions.   Deal with your head hunger issues for the best sustained results. Best wishes
betorah
on 3/14/08 5:41 am - West Hartford, CT
Congratulations on all your hard work and success.  I'm so happy for you that the lap band has worked for you.  Please come and hang out on the lap band board and help out with questions from "newbies."

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/08 5:42 am - Brampton, Canada
Thanks but I hang out on the Lapband forum and the new grads forum too already.   My only beef with the Lapband forum is it's so huge you tend to get swallowed up. Hugs,
betorah
on 3/14/08 6:08 am - West Hartford, CT
The lap band forum is a busy forum.  I haven't noticed you before there, but maybe you just read and don't post a lot.  Please post this post on the lap band forum.  I'm sure that there are people investigating surgery and people not that far out who would be interested in reading it.  Best wishes, Shari

(deactivated member)
on 3/14/08 7:31 am - Brampton, Canada
Thanks Shari I just reposted to the Lapband forum, I am thrilled I just learned how to copy and paste yesterday as I only type with 3 fingers...
Most Active