Revision from RNY to DS

arnosti
on 3/13/08 6:35 am - Stoney Creek, Canada
Has anyone had a revision from RNY to DS.  I am looking into this as I had the RNY done in 2005 and have had so many problems with a stoma that healed incorrectly and have had at least 15 endoscopy streches which didn't really help.  I lost a lot of weight becuase I cannot keep regualr food down including most liquids.  It takes me approx 2 hours to drink 1 cup of liquid.  I have had to have a series of blood transfusions and 5 iron infusions because I have lost all my iron stores and have become extremely anemic.  I have been to see many doctors but becuase there is virtually no one in my area that can deal with this (had my origional surgery in Toronto and I don't want to go back to my surgeon as I don't trust him).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Monique H.
on 3/13/08 3:34 pm
If you go over to the Duodenal Switch Forum you will find people who have as well as a lot of information about the surgery itself. Good luck. I'm looking into a revision from rny to ds also.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
KRWaters
on 3/16/08 4:16 pm - Manteca, CA
Check out Dr. Marek Lutryzowski (sp) who is in Michigan and I believe he does do revisions to DS. He has done numerous CAnadians and is a wonder doc. I am going for a revision to aDS also. I also had my Rny in April 05 and have gained half of my weight back. Check out my profile. Toward the bottom of my rant are all the reason I want a DS. Also go to duodenal switch.com and to our own DS forum here on OH. Also, the Ontario forum may have some people who you may know who have gone with the DS. I wish you the best.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Most Active