Insurance

Doesn't Matter
on 3/12/08 9:23 am - Indianapolis, IN
Revision on 02/29/12
Well, my insurance won't pay for a revision or any other "obesity related" procedure, so I went online to ehealthinsurance.com and netquote.com and filled out a questionnaire.  You wouldn't believe the calls that I have been receiving!  Most of them want to sell me something called a medical savings plan, where I get a percentage off of certain things.  What do you all think about those, do you have any experience with them and if so, how much was saved?  I have also received some calls from real insurance companies and told them what I wanted coverage for, they have all said that they don't cover it and to stick with my insurance company that I already have.  Do any of you have any suggestions for insurance companies to speak to?  I live in AZ.  Thanks!
gurlygurl
on 3/26/08 8:47 am
I really can't believe that an insurance company will not cover bariatric surgery!  I would stick with the insurance company you have and fight them.  There are laws governing this type of matter that are posted on here as well as an attorney that you could speak to just look in the different forums.  You have to fight for your rights.  Obesity surgery is not elective surgery so I would ask the insurance company why a surgery that is considered medically necessary by your doctors is not covered?? Let me know if I can do anything to help! You will be in my prayers.
Doesn't Matter
on 3/26/08 8:52 am - Indianapolis, IN
Revision on 02/29/12
Thank you, but where I work they are "self funded" and just use an administrator.  They have specifically excluded coverage on anything having to do with obesity, in order to keep the costs low for everyone :( You would think that they would want to include it, for all the reasons! 
Most Active