Anyone had a revision

mwinters69
on 3/12/08 4:35 am - Nitro, WV
Has anyone had a revision of gastric bypass??  If so who did the procedure and did insurance pay.  Thanks Michelle
missys_missing
on 3/12/08 2:06 pm - bluffton, IN
why r u having a revision? my org surgery was 8-8 07 i had a ulcer that perferated so i had a revision done on feb 26 its basically the same surgery done reover it only took a hour 20 mins this time--i have medicare and they paid
Sarita
on 3/12/08 2:26 pm - Winnie, TX
Had VGB in 98 and had a revision  Nov 30,2008. I gained back all my weight and then some from VGB,280. I had a RNY by DR. Robert Davis of Houston, TX  of BIG MEDICINE ON TLC TV.  I'm down to 218 which I'm happy with.  I just hope I keep loosing.  You don't loose as fast  with  a revision.   No, insurance didn't pay for surgery it was excluded in policy.  It cost over 30 thousand dollars.  I'm very grateful to have had it and my husband was able to come  up with the money. I wish you the best on your journey to lossing weight.
SARITA
                  "Love is a tree, and lovers are  the shade quote by rumi
(deactivated member)
on 3/13/08 3:34 am - TX
Yes, I had a revision from RNY to DS and my insurance paid for it.  Thing is, it's a very difficult surgery and you have to go to the best of the best.
Gina S.
on 3/13/08 11:27 am - CINNAMINSON, NJ
I had stomach stapling in 1995 and a revision to a RNY (Roux-en-Y) Gastric Bypass February 1st 2008. My Surgeon is Dr. Nauveed Iqbal, in Vineland, New Jersey. I have Aetna insurance and they approved it/paid for it because I failed to lose sufficient amount of weight with stomach stapling and I also had high blood pressure, borderline diabetes.  I am so happy I had the revision. My advice is to find a surgeon who has done at leat 50 revision surgeries - do not be afraid to ask the surgeon how many they've done. It's your body.
skinny_cyndi
on 3/14/08 12:48 pm - Mahwah, NJ
I had a revision done to my RNY which was originally done in 99 on 2/27/08. My surgeon was Vadim Gritsus in NJ. He has done about 70 or so revisions over the last 3 years. My insurance paid for it due to staple line disruption and ulcer. Also regained 30 lbs due to a fistula. I have United Healthcare
Most Active