EGD today

kmbear
on 3/11/08 7:55 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
Apparently I had Gastric Bezoar in proximal gastric pouch above gastric banding, which he removed. Have to take prilosec and reglan. Avoid fibrous foods and stay on low fiber diet. And get an ultrasound follow up with Gastro doc on April 8th. Karen
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/11/08 8:19 am - Knoxville, TN
you were lucky they were able to get just the bezoar out ...when my mom got hers it went too long and they had to remove part of her stomach.... and she still has problems with it 
kmbear
on 3/11/08 11:17 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
Oh my goodness! Will your mom get any better? I hope so.   I wonder what they will see in the ulstrasound that wasn't seen in the barium swallow. And I never even heard of a bezoar. Karen
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/11/08 12:43 pm - Knoxville, TN
Yea she got better and when she feels like she is getting another blockage she will go on a liquid diet for a few days and she is better ... Cheryl
kmbear
on 3/12/08 10:04 am - Coeur D Alene, ID
So will this be something that will happen again?  I just don't know how long this one was in my tummy. I have always had alot of vomiting, still considering getting revision to RNY. Karen
Cheryl Gebbie
on 3/12/08 1:56 pm - Knoxville, TN
The bezoar wasnt caused by the wls i dont beleive cause my mom didnt have wls and she had one. Oh and if you eat like your doc tells you too then you shouldnt have a problem with getting them again ....my mom eats what she wants too then suffers and has to go on the liquid diet for a few days.....she isnt suppose to eat lettuce at all ...and she does anyway cause she loves salads....... Good luck ....I go to the WLS seminar Friday and will turn my papers in for the revision and possibly the Rose Procedure Clinical Trial....
kmbear
on 3/13/08 11:09 am - Coeur D Alene, ID

Okay the bezoar isn't from WLS. I am going to be very careful about eating, I am having a fear of vomiting again. That is awesome you are going to seminar. Hope all goes well. Karen

Most Active