Does anyone know......?????

Angela M.
on 3/10/08 9:55 am - Vicksburg , MS
Revision on 06/24/10 with

When a pouch is too big?  For instance, when I had my surgery 9 months ago, my surgeon told me that he was going to make my pouch between 15-25 cc's.  At the time I thought that was kinda big and was hoping that he would make it smaller but I was so excited about being approved I really did not question him on that matter.  Well, last week I had an upper GI done because I am having several problems and the radiologists made the comment that he saw no real medical issues but that I should speak with my surgeon about the size of my pouch to make sure he was comfortable with it being the size that it is.  I was floored!  Now I am thinking the worse and I am seeing a gastroenterologists and a new surgeon this week.  I know I am going to have to have an EDG so that the exact size can be determined.... Thank you in advance for your responses.....

317/287/170

ellton
on 3/11/08 1:55 pm
Hi there.  I would google standard pouch sizes for Gastric Bypass patients.  I think 15-25 is somewhat large.  I believe mine was 5-10 cc's.  Surgeons can make the pouch smaller Aleximaq.  However, you may run the risk of developing a leak-which should be a precaution.  If I were you I would most definately pursue this.   Please let me know if  I can help in any way. Tonya
Angela M.
on 3/12/08 3:21 am - Vicksburg , MS
Revision on 06/24/10 with
Thank you so much for responding.....I am just afraid because I have stopped losing weight and I read a womans blog on here about how her doctor made her pouch too big and she capped out on her weight loss at 74 lbs at about 6 months and she still needed to lose another 50 or 60lbs.  I don't  want that to be me.

317/287/170

Monique H.
on 3/13/08 3:40 pm
Just so you know my doctor made mine 30cc
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Most Active