Does this Exist ? Please Help !!!!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/08 1:41 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Is there a procedure to stop the weight loss and possibly regain some weight ? The only thing I can find is a reversal of my RNY. I especially interested in stoping the malnutrition and malabsorbtion parts of my surgery. Please help !!!!
Gael T.
on 3/9/08 4:10 pm - CA
HI Jeremy, Have you talked to any surgeons about a revision?  Do you know if your ins. will pay for one? 

Newly crowned:  Official VSG Lady in Waiting  King  

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/08 9:47 pm - TX

Call your surgeon.  I believe the common channel can be lengthened.

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/08 9:01 am - Gilbert, AZ
Thank you all. I do have a call into my surgeon. I was just wondering if this existed or if anybody heard of it. I have researcherd a reversal but can not find a revision if the weight does not stop and if you are malnourished.
JeannieBVA1
on 3/10/08 10:42 am

Jeremy,

Is your body rejecting things like protein shakes, etc?  Are you taking your vitamins? What have you tried?   I'm sure the answere is probably yes... just trying to get a little more info the offer you advise.

Thanks

Jeannie

(deactivated member)
on 3/10/08 10:55 am - Gilbert, AZ
I drink 150 grams a day of protein in my shakes a day. Not including my food intake of protein. I doubled all my vitamins 6 months ago. They include multivitamin,b1,b12,iron,calcium,vitamin d,vitamin a, zinc, vitamin e. But my blood levels continue to drop on protein levels and vitamin levels. My weight is slowly dropping still and I am 20 months out. The only reason it slowed was because i added more meals and protein but it is still dropping. If I removed my excess skin i would have a bmi of like 18-19. I feel like I am getting sicker as  the months go on and i am afraid to talk to people about it because they always respond with "I wish i had your problems". But believe me people do not want my problems. Can they put back the common channel that is bypassed ?
ginau
on 3/10/08 11:16 am - mesa, AZ
its not as easy as the original surgery - but I do believe that is the reason they dont remove it !
Deanne K.
on 3/10/08 2:20 pm - Tucson, AZ
Jeremy, I have heard that it can be done.  There was a woman in Iowa I met when my mother was ill that had a reversal, so I know it can be done.  I think they need to figure out what's going on.  Just one question, how low is your protein levels? Mine are at about 17 and they don't seem concerned, but I am. 
Nancy K.
on 3/11/08 1:24 am, edited 3/11/08 1:26 am - Joliet, IL
Hi Jeremy, YES.... They can move the channel up some so you can absorb more calories and nutrients. It sounds like you had a distal RNY done. Talk to the surgeon and keep us up to date on the progress.

By the way... How many calories are you eating?
(deactivated member)
on 3/11/08 2:11 pm - Gilbert, AZ
I am eating 3000-3500 calories a day I believe. But I do not really count. My prealbumin levels are at 16 and my total protein is in the low 6's. I had a call from Dr Blackstone's office today and she wants to meet with me. I am positive there is a reversal but it does not look easy and is not a complete reversal. Once you cut your stomach into portions that is it. I am not stuck on a reversal just wanting to be healthy. That is why I am curious about a revision. My surgeon does revisions but dont know if she does this kind of a revision. I guess we will find out.
Most Active