Has anyone ever lost too much weight ?

ginau
on 3/8/08 11:39 am - mesa, AZ
So has anyone lost too much weight and  had a revision to correct it  and start gaining back a few lbs ??  a friend of mine is having this problem now.  
~~Sami~~ *.
on 3/9/08 1:50 am - Jacksonville, FL
It happens. Recently, I can think of two cases. There's a woman on here named DancingJudge (I think) who had an MGB, lost way too much, and was revised.  She's now doing much better. Also, there was a DSer named Scott who was revised a few weeks ago. I remember an RNYer (Distal) from a few years ago, but can't remember her name. Make a long story short, yup.. it' happens.  Revision is more difficult operation though.  Usually, pancreatic enzymes are tried first before undertaking a revision.  Creon is one of the Brands. I believe it is prescription only.  Your friend could ask her surgeon or PCP to prescribe it for her.

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

(deactivated member)
on 3/9/08 1:34 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Is there such a thing as a revision to slow the weight loss down or put some back on ?
Most Active