1 More Wake Up Until My Revision

mjc123
on 3/8/08 5:00 am - Midlothian, VA
Hi everyone!! I drove to NJ from my home in Va for my series of preop appointments Thursday. I met Dr. Greenbaum for the fist time personally. Everything we did so far has been over the phone. I need to say...he is amazing. He spent over an hour with me and my husband explaining everything in detail and asking every question we had. I am confident I am in the right hands. Revision from RNY to DS, plus hernia removal, Gall baldder removal, and appendix removal. Surgery is at 10:30 am Monday and should take 5.5 hours. So what am I doing in the meantime? Posting on OH, watching TV, and pampering myself. Am I nervous? Yes. However, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is the right thing for me.

Revision Weight Loss Tracker  Mary  

beth75
on 3/8/08 8:35 am - Brownsboro, AL
Good Luck! I had my revision with Dr. Husted 18 months and 100#'s ago. It was the best thing I ever did.  No regrets...ever.  I just got back from a lunch with the North Alabama DSers.  What a happy group of people.   The first couple of weeks are tough, but hang in there.  This is the best decision you ever made. Beth
Beth75           Slow and Steady wins the race!     
  Open Revision RNY to DS  AT GOAL  I LOVE MY DS

mjc123
on 3/8/08 8:44 am - Midlothian, VA
Thanks Beth!! I am really excited...not looking forward to the first few weeks but all good things do not come easy!!

Revision Weight Loss Tracker  Mary  

hopper116
on 3/8/08 1:15 pm - Murphy, NC
Hi Mary! I send you a private message!  I am praying for you and wishing you a speedy recovery.  Hang in there! Take care,  Stephanie
Sandra C.
on 3/9/08 5:38 am - Phoenix, AZ
Good luck! I am so happy for you. I am now waiting for my pre-op paperwork and am trying not to get too excited just in case something comesup with the tests that may delay surgery. I had my first surgery in 1983 and I have no hesitation in having surgery again. It will be worth any pain. I'm just having a hard time getting my boyfriend to understand how my food intake will change dramatically! I have said a prayer for you for a speedy recovery and future success!
sandsher
on 3/9/08 10:39 am - Fairbanks, AK
I had my stomaphyx about 12 days ago with Dr. Ellner in San Diego.  I didn't feel any pain at all when I woke up nor do I now.  Just wanted to let you know I don't think you will feel much pain if you are just having a stomaphyx.
JeannieBVA1
on 3/9/08 11:41 am
Good luck Mary... I'm scheduled to have my Rose procedure done in Richmond Virginia on April 14th with Dr. Brengman.  He's part of Dr. Shroders group. Keep us posted!!  Jeannie
skinny_cyndi
on 3/9/08 12:34 pm - Mahwah, NJ
Good luch I had my revision on 2/27, and it's tough but worth it after a few days you will feel so much better! Congratulations!
Strawberry2
on 3/10/08 9:46 am
yeah you in NJ - I am so very happy for you - I went and got my UGI and my blood work done - so know it is just sitting and waiting - good luck to you - pamper away -Jo
Most Active